Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Royal Brierley Studio topic

<< < (3/25) > >>

chopin-liszt:
It has recently come to my attention that there is a lot more to the RB Studio range than just the specific Harris' design.

keith:
I keep seeing variations of the white 'studio' pieces,just how many were made,here are some of my white ones,are there records for RB somewhere?

chopin-liszt:
This vase has a label, and isn't a Harris design, as far as I know.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Brierley-Studio-Art-Glass-Vase-/330700472362?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item4cff48c02a

There is another surface textured style, I believe it's called "Terrazzo". I have tracked this down as a friend has a piece, then I saw a similar design of vase on ebay, boxed and labelled - with the pattern name on the box. I do have pics, but they're not mine to show. sorry.

keith:
I've seen quite a few of these in vase and bowl form but not to keen on them, I suppose I'll have to get one as part of the collection ::)

Paul S.:
nice pieces Keith - and thanks to Sue for some information about which I knew rather little.     I have a personal mental description of these Harris pieces - and in my mind (perhaps wrongly) think of their surface decoration as looking rather like a sort of 'vermiculite' patterning.   I have pieces from the 'Studio' range in white, red, and that rather iridescent black  -  as far as I know I'm certainly missing the blue ish sort of violet they did.     And of course, each colour was produced in several different shapes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version