No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Did Jobling Make Iridised/ Carnival Glass? 1054 type Plate  (Read 4920 times)

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
Re: Did Jobling Make Iridised/ Carnival Glass? 1054 type Plate
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
Steven - that is truly amazing. What a beautiful and precious find. Congratulations and many thanks for letting us know about this stunning piece.

If you have my email address may I ask you to drop me an email sometime (if you don't have it you can get it off my website homepage - "email us" www.thistlewoods.net)

Thanks again for showing this beauty.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:18 AM »
Just found these small size iridized 1054 pieces on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321420651636

I've asked the seller if I can post the pics here, but if not I'll just have to wait until they arrive then photograph them myself. Anyway, I was interested to see that the small size was also made in this iridescent finish. Also the bases on these seem to be polished (unlike on my large plate).

:)

Steven

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
Steven - fascinating! Thank you so much for letting us know of this. I look forward to your photos :-)

Thank you again.
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Offline Morgan48

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Good afternoon ,,.... I would appreciate some advice/confirmation regarding the attached plates..... I only came across the article elsewhere a month ago and these plates, as with those of the author of that article, have been buried in a crate for the last 15 plus years.

They look very much like the Jobling 1054 plates except for 2 points.....firstly the diameter is 6.75 inches, which is not listed in the Jobling catalogue....and the other point which might not be relevant is that they are not iridised on the back

Any help would be much appreciated.... and who knows ...I might end up with a membership of the 1054 club

Regards and thanks

Gareth

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2022, 11:03:12 AM »
So we now have a name for this colour/ finish: Rainbow Jet. See here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,71629.msg399059.html#msg399059

@Gareth, I'm confident that your plates are also Jobling 1054. A nominally 6 1/2 inch plate is shown which I think is close enough. While the non irised underside seems unusual, I wouldn't discount them because of this.

Offline Seanacoy

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • England
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2022, 07:45:34 PM »
Hi, my name is Shaun. Hope you do not mind the enquiry. I have recently purchased a Jet iridescent lampt
on vase. How often do they come to market, I have never seen one.What are they valued at. Yours Sincerely Shaun.

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2022, 09:26:02 AM »
This board is more for ID than valuation. These Jobling pieces are also sufficiently rare that it’s hard to determine value as sales results are all over the place. Best resource may be to look at past eBay listings: an iridised jet Lambton vase sold there recently for 191 GBP (plus 9 pounds p&p). That one was well photographed and properly described, so should be a reasonable indication of what collectors are willing to pay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand