Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

some more davidson jade

<< < (2/3) > >>

David E:

--- Quote from: Paul S. on January 06, 2010, 03:17:51 PM ---So - 608 sets (excluding seconds) manufactured  -  makes you wonder how many are left now  -  and in the intervening years how many have been dropped, lost or simply 'binned' as old fashioned!

--- End quote ---
Worth mentioning that I think that list applies to production during 1932 only - there's still 1931 & 33 to consider, I believe.

--- Quote ---What is the long term view re the supplement  -  will it get into print eventually??
--- End quote ---

Chance Additions: definitely, although it may be in a digital format. Hard-copy printing in small quantities is no longer feasible, sadly, until digital printing prices drop again. And while sales of Chance Expressions has slowed to a crawl, most people will have a copy by now.

So it is anticipated that Chance Additions will be a downloadable PDF. Already it is about 10,000 words, so nearly a quarter that of Chance Expressions. Naturally with it being a digital file, I don't need to worry about even more extraneous information!

Cathy: you might want to split this part of the topic and transfer it to 'Books'? Thanks :angel:

keith:

Not being a 'techie' does downloadable PDF mean I can print out a copy?
P.S David,have you seen the pen tray I posted,what do you think?

David E:
A PDF can be viewed on-screen using the Adobe Reader software (a free download from Adobe's site), although most computers will already have this pre-installed. The resultant PDF that I create can be configured to print-out, although I haven't yet decided whether to allow this or not.

Cathy B:
Hi David

It'd butcher the thread a bit. I'd have to split your post, then post the relevent text under my own name quoting you, and there would be references to the phone call between you two which would have to be deleted for the rest to make sense.

Rather than have a post under my username announcing your book, would it be better to announce Chance Additions in the book section under your name?

David E:
That's OK, thanks anyway - I'm quite busy on other matters, so am not quite  ready to announce Chance Additions yet. There are a lot of photos to take and edit, and then the book has to be designed and laid out. Very time consuming, but it is enjoyable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version