No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: RUBY GLASS VASE  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: RUBY GLASS VASE
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 12:33:33 PM »
It is a style that has been much copied for quite a few years now.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 06:14:02 PM »
Hi Andy,  Just to let you know.  I am in the world of Glassmessages.  Where are you? .....  It therefore is of my opinion that reply messages like the one you have just most recently sent, need to be in FCE.BK OR MSN.  I was indeed under the assumption that this site was for  people that want to take their interest seriously and in a professional manner.  Would you not agree? :thup:

If you look at the left column of the thread here, you will see that the physical location of the people involved is listed under their name, everyone that is but you......

I believe Andy asked the question, and I may have missed the answer. It helps greatly in terms of identifying pieces, so I too was wondering what your physical location is. UK? USA? ?????

No offense meant here, but generally when a question is asked on here it by a member, it is asked for the purpose of gaining more information in an attempt to identify a piece of glass....  your location, a picture of the underside....  etc....

Personally I find your comment about Andy's comment belonging on FCE.BK or MSN to be a little irritating.....  But that may just be me...... 

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2010, 12:30:28 AM »
Hi! Andy,  Firstly I would like to apologise if I had read your reply wrongly and retract any comments made that you felt uncomfortable with.  Just to let you know that I am very new to this site, so you will have to bare with me.  You have made previous comments regarding other glass and I have always replied in a mannerly way.  I do respect the site and members, as valuable information can be shared and also obtained...  One can assure you that I am not here to ruffle anyone's feathers.  So please, please accept my deepest apology and to any one who found my comments irritating.  :-[ :-X

Offline Andy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 11:27:55 AM »
No worries!
 :cheers:
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Pip

• Members
    • Pips Trip Online Shop
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
I have a modern labelled vase from LSA (Poland) the same shape and size as this (slightly tapering), the same bubble base feature - the only difference I can see is in the colour, mine is grey.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
A dark-ish grey is the other colour stocked by Asda.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »
Thanks! for that information Pip.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum