No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Archimede Seguso Blue Vase  (Read 4249 times)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Archimede Seguso Blue Vase
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »
This is interesting. I haven't seen this vase before. Perhaps it was designed by Peretti for Tiffany and made at the A. Seguso furnace. The cobalt looks like a color they would do.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:14:05 PM »
Not a form I have seen either but obviously a serious piece. I have seen the label before and it looks genuine to me. Can't remember where I saw it but I think it was from the  late 70's-80's and his better pieces as the label I saw was on an expensive piece . I am sure you have an unusual Archimede Seguso piece on your hands.

Thanks all for the info on Elsa Peretti very interesting.

5 mins later
It has partially come back to me and I think when I saw the label before it was also on a Tiffany piece so maybe it is a label that either Tiffany used or Seguso used to define Tiffany pieces.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline janton77

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 06:56:23 AM »
Hi all

A reply from Tiffany uk, more or less what we already know but I have replied to try and pin point the age and that it's not a fake.

R's

Dear Ms. Manwill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

We carry different designs in our Elsa Peretti Crystal range and would need more specific details to be able to offer a range of dates that the item could have been made in.

The piece will be defined as 'Murano' as the Elsa Peretti crystal is all made from Murano glass. Murano glass, made in Venice, Italy is renowned as being the finest and most beautiful decorative glass in the world.

For further information please telephone us on the number below.

If you require any further assistance, please contact one of our Representatives on 00 800 2000 1122. For your convenience, our hours of opening are 9am - 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

Yours sincerely,
Jane Boyd-Miller
Sales & Service Professional uk.tiffany.com

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have seen the Peretti pieces for Tiffany before as well.  They are very pricey in the States.  It is puzzling though that Seguso didn't sign the piece as well since he made the glass.  Archimede did make some pieces for Tiffany as well in his day so the Peretti and Archimede colaboration is very possible in my opinion.    

Here is my opinion:  I think Peretti designed the glass for Tiffany and Archimede made it in his furnance and Tiffany marketed it.  What a rare piece!  I think it is authentic.  Please call Tiffany.  I am dying to know for sure.

tam bam  

P.S. - Many people on this site would kill to have a piece like yours.  LOL!  Take good care of it.  Thanks for sharing it with us. 

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 02:53:26 PM »
More about Elsa Peretti.  This is a great article about her.  I thought I would share.  

http://press.tiffany.com/About/Designers/ElsaPeretti.aspx

tam bam

P.S. - The color of the vase looks like a signed Seguso plate that was broken that I received in the mail over Christmas.  The label reminds me of the label on the plate as well.  I have to inspect the label when I get home to see if it matches but if it does your vase maybe from the the 1990's.  

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 04:16:56 PM »
Rats!  I was just thinking... I was taking pics of the lone yellow survivor plate like my blue one with the label on it the other day so I could document it and my camera battery died all of a sudden so I cannot post the label but I am still going to check the label when I get home.  Here is a link to the picture of the plates that I have.  They are signed by Archimede Seguso with I think the same label (I have to check to be sure so don't quote me).  The lady I bought them from said her mother bought them in Venice in 2001.  Someone else confirmed the label on my plates to be from the 80's/ 90's as well.  My broken plate is a little lighter in blue but it is the same pretty cobalt color that Archimede liked to use.  

http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2576&highlight=archimede+seguso

I'll let you know if the label matches later on.  

tam bam

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 05:26:10 PM »
GREAT NEWS!!!!!  I have come across an article that authenticates your vase, Janton77.  Here it is:

http://www.britishmuseum.org/the_museum/news_and_press_releases/press_releases/2009/peretti.aspx

tam bam

Offline janton77

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 10:33:32 PM »
Dear Ms, Manwill,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please accept our apologies for the delay in our reply to your enquiry reaching you.

I have checked through our records and the item is no longer listed so I would think this is actually an older piece. We do carry a range of Elsa Peretti Thumbprint bowls in the matching blue Murano glass which would complement your beautiful vase.

If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,
Jane Boyd-Miller
Sales & Service Professional uk.tiffany.com

If you wish to review our privacy policy, please click here:
http://www.tiffany.com/service/policy_vis.asp

Tam Bam, another reply and I will call Tiffany when I get a little time.
Thanks ever so much for your replies and info, I bought this vase a boot sale for £1.50 so I am little shocked it's raised this many eyebrows!
I would also have to say 80's/90's and shame about your broken plate...

Kind regards

J

PS and I have not stuck the vase in web albums yet...

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 01:48:26 AM »
Janton,

I checked the labels on my plates and the labels do match the label to your vase so I would say the 80's/90's dates are correct.  I hope this helps. 

I about fainted when I read that you bought it for that cheap! :o 

You may want to try and contact the British Museum from the link I sent to you in this thread.  That may be an avenue as well to try.   Good luck with your vase.  It is super special! :thup:

tam bam 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand