No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is there something wrong with this Per Lutken Vase?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Gill

• Members
Is there something wrong with this Per Lutken Vase?
« on: February 10, 2010, 03:44:03 PM »
Hi, would welcome a bit of help with this one please.  Bought a few weeks ago and love it and am happy with what I paid.  It was described as a Per Lutken, Holmegaard vase.    I realise that the pic of the base with the marking is awful, I'm having trouble still uploading photos from the good camera.  It reads, "HOLMEGAARD 130161-3- then the PL squiggle"   The mark looks ok to me but since I bought it I've been looking around and haven't seen any Per Lutken pieces with similar decoration.  Any knowledgeable info much appreciated, cheers, Gill

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12310

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-12315

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Is there something wrong with this Per Lutken Vase?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
Perfectly legit 'Susanne' series vase, designed around 1963. The -3 on the end of the form number refers to the engraved design - this vase was issued with three different designs of the same figure in different states of repose.

Offline Gill

• Members
Re: Is there something wrong with this Per Lutken Vase?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
Oh bless your heart, thank you!  Just hadn't seen one before, in that case I think I definately got a bargain  :hiclp:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand