No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frosted Mdina dish, unusual? modern I think, 24cms in diameter  (Read 1841 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Frosted Mdina dish, unusual? modern I think, 24cms in diameter
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:51:53 PM »
Hi all
I picked this dish up today, as you probably know I collect Mdina and all things Mr Harris (I know this isn't one of his by the way :cry:).
It is just short of 24cms in diameter,6cms tall and weighs just over 1.1kg so fairly weighty for its size.
The base is flat and not polished (slightly rough to the touch), the glass is green with little flashes of clear, and has blue and brown splodges with a brown tinge to the edge.
The glass is completely frosted, (I only have one other frosted piece which is the barrel vase).
It has lots of large airbubbles and is far from being round but quite a pretty thing and will sit nicely with the rest of my  collection
I'm not to sure on age though I would guess its quite a modern piece (somewhere in the last 10 to 15 years),.
The signature is small, right sloping well written (all the letters are easily identifiable) with the medium thickness witting (will try and get a better shot of the base or a scan on)
can anybody add any info on this one for me
thanks
Michelle

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Frosted Mdina dish, unusual? modern I think, 24cms in diameter
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:54:55 PM »
scan of base

Offline suzygpr

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 07:16:57 PM »
Hi Michelle

Can't help too much - don't know/collect the more modern stuff.  You could try checking out this link, it's the current ranges.

http://mdinaglass.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=MG

Suzy x

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:24:50 PM »
thanks for that Suzy, i too tend to collect the earlier pieces, I will check through the website and see if there is anything similar.
sorry for all the pics im just trying to figure out how to get better ones on here (could take some time  :24:)

http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/14/37/17/66/100_4511.jpg

C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Kodak Pictures\22-02-2010\100_4527.JPG

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand