No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White  (Read 9135 times)

Offline Tcapelos

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • United Kingdom
Re: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2021, 10:32:10 PM »
It is indeed a small world!  :) The mechanical engineering dept is a great one at Surrey Uni and I was walking every day by a lab they had building formula one cars! Congratulations on your son! A strong degree like that provides good opportunities  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2021, 10:34:40 PM »
he was in that lab doing that building :)  but not Formula one cars -  The Formula Student cars.
He had many extremely happy years there and very fond memories.

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2021, 09:28:52 PM »
Hi Tereza, very interested that Eric White's studio was in West Molesey, I always wondered where he created his pieces. It's so nice that you're thinking of putting together some information about him, I've always felt disappointed that such wonderful work has gone almost unnoticed. I have many of his little bottles and would be happy to send you photographs if you'd like?

Kindest regards Liz

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2022, 07:12:04 PM »
Hi all, I've been reading this topic and the new information with great interest, as some of you may guess (given my passion for all things to do with trinket sets and perfume bottles).  It would be good to be able to add Eric White to the Glass Trinket Sets (GTS) website where the information would reach a wider audience too.  May I use photos and text from your posts here to build an entry for him on the GTS website please? Credit for research done would, of course, be given on the website.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand