No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Amethyst Carnival Glass is it Fenton?  (Read 2591 times)

Offline suzi99

• Members
Amethyst Carnival Glass is it Fenton?
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:51:21 AM »
Hi I just purchased this carnival glass lidded jar & was wondering if anyone would know what the pattern was called & if it is a fenton piece.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. [/img]

Mod: The images from this thread have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Offline butchiedog

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 06:59:45 AM »
Hi,
I recognize the box and pattern being by Westmoreland glass, but after searching all of ebay for a carnival glass version all I could find was a milk glass version.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Westmoreland-White-Milk-Glass-Grape-Pattern-Box-w-Lid_W0QQitemZ7362488269QQcategoryZ34146QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know that a number of companies now own the old Westmoreland molds and some are making carnival glass items with them, but I can't say for sure it they are making this box or which company might be doing so, since I'm not crazy about carnival glass old or new and I don't keep up with it very much.

Sorry to not be of much help on this.

Mike

Offline suzi99

• Members
I found the maker's mark
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 11:29:49 AM »
Just letting everyone know I found the maker's mark it was after all Fenton it had an F in a circle inside the lid & one on the base, very hard to see because of the colour.

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 12:06:07 PM »
Suzi - I'm sorry I did not spot this query before.

This is Fenton's no. 7640 5½" Square Box. It was made in Plum Carnival (PX in their catalog) in 1998. Some of them were signed by Fenton family member Mike Fenton, at Rep Events.

It's a lovely piece. Congratulations.

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand