Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

id request for possible Czech. vase. ID = Libochovice #3063

(1/3) > >>

Paul S.:
Probably too much of a long shot really  -  just that I thought it didn't look very English, and wud have liked it to have been something from the pressed section of Mark Hill's book (can't see it tho.).    Cud, of course, be from anywhere.   Doesn't have a real 'bird bath base, but certainly not a star cut bottom.     about 200mm tall.    Anyone care to take a punt at attribution, and thanks for looking.

pamela:
Paul,
very nice and interesting base - never seen!
Certain similarity however with the drawing of # 13182/205 on page 17 of Rudolfova 1986 of Marcus' book CD ?

:-\

Paul S.:
thanks Pamela  -  the only book I have on Czech. material is Mark Hill's fairly recent book 'Hi Sklo Lo Sklo'  -  and I assume you are referring to 'Sklo Union Art Before Industry: 20th Century Czech Pressed Glass by Marcus Newhall'.    In which case I now have another one to get ;D

pamela:
Paul, as said: only similar, please.

www.sklounion.com : The book is halfpriced meanwhile - recommend you grab your copy too  :thup:

Paul S.:
thanks  -  I do understand, and appreciate details of the half price offer  -  will grab a copy pronto.    cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version