No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this American milky pressed glass ? ID = Vallérysthal #3267, C1907  (Read 826 times)

Offline lmj

• Members
I have a small dish that i think is American depression glass in a milky blue hue,it is 5cm high 7.05 cm wide with a lovely clear scalloped rim,i would appreciate any descriptive details,Lynn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Is this American milky pressed glass ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:01:50 PM »
More possibly French.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »
Hi Lynn,
interesting shape and colour.
Would appreciate image of base also  ;D
This is a mystery still, we call it 'WEWEWE' pattern

A slightly similar decoration is on items of Schreiber & Neffen 1915, Vienna - that's why I put mine there with a BIG ??? until I know better  :pb:

http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/tafelaufsaetze/07340.html , and I kept bowl and plate in the unknown section here:
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/schalen/03633.html  :-\ ::)

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
Big thanks for asking, Lynn   :hiclp: - and Christine for pointing to France again  :clap:

Mystery solved:

My plates and tazze are not included in this catalogue, but your salt is:

Vallérysthal 1907 planche 211 # 3267

:dance: and back to  :comp: :girlcheer:

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline lmj

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:13 PM »
a picture of the bottom as requested,i have to say that the 2 links showed the exact same pattern ie the chevron and stripes and the dots correspond too, the only difference is the milky blue colour, thanks for all your help and steering me in the right direction..Lynn

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »
Lynn, colour of yours is absolutely Vallérysthal and the base is beautiful also - thank you!

Does name of image 'ebay 117' mean you're going to sell it? Please let me know if and when  :angel:
Pamela

Offline lmj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
yes it is going on ebay,as some pieces i have been left i do not collect,mainly the Art glass,that is why i have no idea about most of the glass i have, but thanks to all on glass message board i am slowly getting there i will pot it on ebay wed night the 8th,The No 3267 on a vallerysthal site indicates a "rotund figure of a smoking gent"a lovely piece.thanks for the help Pamela

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
Lynn, just coincidence  :24: :24:

your salt is pattern no. 3267 in the 1907 catalogue of Vallérysthal

whereas live auctions got a lot # 3267 featuring a Portieux lidded dish CHARLOT pattern no. 6658 of their 1914 catalogue (http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/4275798)

:24: :24:
Pamela

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
mods please, title to be corrected: # 3267
Thank you  :thup:

Mod: Change made as requested.
Pamela

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
 :kissy: Thanks Kev and Pamela! what mistake did I make first time around?

Mod: Missed the "7" (I think!)

Mod: Ta! Ah yes, it's still in some of the titles. Will fix...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand