No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 13 cm clear ashtray / candleplate ? with 12 bulbs around Sklo Union?  (Read 1693 times)

Offline px

• Members
In the series of strange coincidences: I found the pair of these the same day but from totally different flea markets although I think I've never seen one before.  I am glad I bought the first one as it looked funny to me. The other one had been kept under a flower pot but came out quite clear despite.  (Diameter 13cm height 3,5cm)

I find similarities to Rosice pattern 5150 but the bottom is flat... is this a copy made somewhere else or a version?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline px

• Members
This is explained in this thread:  http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,33662.msg182197.html#msg182197
thanks to Jindrich once again! :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline px

• Members
Thank you, antiquerose in the above mentioned thread, for a new suggestion for the producer of these : Anchor hocking !?

About the use as an ashtray - nowadays that not so many smoke, at least not inside, these serve as perfect candle light holders: I love them:
see what glass can do to light ; 

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
px, whoever the maker, the effect is fantastic... super photograph!   :hi:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I know that Kristalunie Maastricht did something identical (or very very similar) in the 1950s but I've never seen it properly documented.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand