Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

Please, help me identify glass paperweights!

(1/1)

kalinkr:
Hi there,

I have got a collection of glass paperweights but
I don't know much about them. Can anyone help me identify  them?
One of them has a signature Anthony Stern'80, the rest I can't figure out.
Any suggestions about their value?

Thanks.

Kalin

Lustrousstone:
Welcome to the board. Your photos are way too small to see. They need to be resized so that the longest dimension is about 700 pixels; that usually works. You are also better posting each one in a new thread giving dimensions and with a top view and side shot and a base shot. That way no-one gets confused (we're easily confused). A more descriptive title is also good.

The bottom middle one is most likely Scottish and the bottom right is from Murano I think. The Anthony Stern one you have already Id'd. http://www.anthonysternglass.com/history.htm Anthony Stern is a serious glass master

KevinH:
Hi kalinkr,

Welcome.

With my Moderator hat on, I have removed your duplicate post from the Market Place forum. If your intention is to sell the items, it is best to first get the info on maker etc., through the general Id request here and then later post in the Market Place.

As Christine says, with multiple items, individual posts for each item is the preferred way. If you set up new, separate posts, I (or another Moderator) will remove this posting to tidy things up.

KevinH:
Now that I have my Moderator hat off, I will say that Christine is correct about the lower middle weight being Scottish (either Vasart Ltd or Strathearn), but the lower right is also Scottish (Strathearn) not Murano.

Larger pics will certainly help and I suspect that the lower middle weight might turn out to be a little more interesting than the usual regular production Vasart / Strathearn spoke pattern.

Mod: This topic is locked as weights have been split into three new topics (but really could have been one weight per topic :) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version