No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Another A Guillot? - ID probably = Biot, France  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Margi

• Members
Another A Guillot? - ID probably = Biot, France
« on: April 20, 2010, 03:22:24 PM »
Here is the other bubble handled item I was talking about earlier.  Not a very good representation of the colour but it is very deep burgundy.  Unfortunately no sign of a signature.  Was thinking it looks very similar to the A Guillot item and was bought from the same stall.  Broken pontil and looks to be the remnants of the original label but not with any kind of print.  I know it is a candle holder but does anyone know any more info as in maker age etc.
Margi

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Another A Guillot?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
looks like Biot to me - that is where every glassmaker in France learned the trade.

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: Another A Guillot?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:23:06 AM »
Good morning Ivo,
Thanks for that I have searched the Biot site and see some strong similarities.  Its now marked as a possible.
Margi

Offline Margi

• Members
Re: Another A Guillot? - ID probably = Biot, France
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
May I bring this back up.  I have decided not Biot.  I now have something to compare it with which is signed Biot and can see not necessarily difference in quality but the Biot that I have is much smoother and lighter than this one in question.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand