No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: V Nason Colour Research  (Read 1521 times)

Offline rwh

• Members
V Nason Colour Research
« on: April 20, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »
I am trying to determine the number of color combinations and variety of products that V. Nason and C. produced in pressed glass with Aventurine.  So far I have come across 1.  The black base,  2.  turquoise base,  3. black base and red,  4.  black base and turquoise,  5.  black base and yellow/green,  6.  black base and royal blue,  7.  black base and multi color,  8. smokey base and yellow/green.  I am assuming that all these combinations were produced by the same company as I have the small round 3" ashtray in the first 6 color combinations.  Many were exported/imported by Weil Ceramics and Glass.  I have found examples of some 20 different types of ashtrays, two types of covered bowls/dishes, a covered cigarette box, a lighter, match holder, condiment dish, and an apple shaped bowl.  I doubt if all items were produced in all colors.  It seems that that the pressed glass line started with the black base and may have been a natural progression form the company's production of blown glass vases.  Let me know if anyone else has an interest in V. Nason's pressed glass items.

Mod: This topic has been split off from another thread as it is worthy of its own full discussion.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: V Nason Colour Research
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:31:25 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand