No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: animal farm question (well, it does say that on the search parameters):)  (Read 4216 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
hello sweetie, and they are very girlie, and I'd have serious doubts about the gender of any man who collected things like this (I only do scent bottles - to which I see incidentally, that no one commented at all, which has hurt me - but I'll get over it ;) but gosh a boy has to collect something colourful.
Seriously tho, I think from memory I have given most of these little fellahs back to the charity shop - but never the Wedgwood bird - give me a Wedgwood bird at an impressionable age and she is mine for life.     I just can't be bovered with all these fiddly little animals - I want real glass, although being a collector first and foremost I would want anything provided that it is rare and valuable - b...........  to what it looks like.            Now where were we with the scent bottles....................... :usd:
Thanks for you words Anik  -  oh, just remembered, I have the Mantorp pig still, and some of the small Wedgwood birds, oh, and a Wedgwood Thrush, oh, and a cracking badger, but forget who made him, and...........................ugghhhhhhhhhhhh  going to bed now.......

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
Paul, you are VERY naughty....you didn't say you had all these animals!! Here's another Ronald Stennett-Willson bird:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360347820791&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

What badger....I can't see a badger, but I can see a Wedgwood Blue/green speckled dolphin and a Langham red squirrel. I have seen that style of duck.....will get on the case!!

I love the Wabbit.....very pink and girlie....if you dcide to sell it......... ;D

I didn't say anything about the perfume bottles 'cos I was too nice...... :angel:

Please can we have a display of your animals for the Themed thread instead of the booze on paper napkins????? :wsh:
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Paul, I'm still drooling over your perfume bottles... I will get round to commenting soon!  :mrgreen:
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Paul S.

• Members
rosie, I do still have the wabbit (no backstamp of any kind) - also the badger is Langham, and there are several Wedgwood pieces including a dolphin (is that right?) - but can't now find the clear polar bear.     I will try to get them all together again sometime for another pic.     That price of £35 for the long tailed Wedgwood bird would be o.k. as a buying price, not that I would buy any more, but of course it may go higher.      This morning I found a Murano stylized swan/duck whatever, and it will be over in the Murano section in the next 30 minutes  -  see what you think :)
My apologies Anik for my lack of courtesy in 'rabbiting' on last evening, and not asking you more about your polar bear  -  do you still feel you will bid, and who is the maker?  Of course, if you do bid then I hope you are successful. :)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Paul, I won the polar bear, though I have no idea who is the maker...  As opposed to all the other lovely bears I've seen, the one I won has a pointy 'snout'.  I'll post pictures when I get it.  Maybe someone will recognise it.  (Yesterday, I also won a 10,5cm tall kitty with a Reijmyre label still attached for a whole 1 zl.  Now that's a cheap pussy. ;D)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
nope.........I'm going to be grown up and resist the temptation to make a crude joke Anik.   There now, that wasn't painful, was it Paul.    See, I've turned over a new leaf. :usd:
Anyway, congratulations dear Anik  -  does your bear look anything like the clear one I had (don't know where it is now) - and well done with the Reijmyre kitty - you must have a very varied menagerie now. (still resisting the joke).    Look forward to seeing your pictures soon. ;)

Offline rosieposie

• Members
Well done Anik, please let us see them when you have time to load them on the message board....I got a mouse and a duck this morning.....maybe we could introduce your cat to my mouse. :wsh:

Oh Paul, I am SO proud of you....I was just waiting, with a cringe after Anik's last addition to the thread....and you came up shiny clean. Good boy! :sun:

I bought a Langham long tailed bird a few days ago...signed by Paul Miller....he made it soon after he joined Langham, so must have stii been in Kings Lynn mode....it is lovely.

I'm off to look at your Murano Swan now.....see you there.
Rosie.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
I think this is the same as your duck Paul, except for colour, of course.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290542647078&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123

Do you want to part with the Wabbit???? ;D
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand