No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help with green lady  (Read 654 times)

Offline flameoak

• Members
Help with green lady
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
Hi, I am a lover and collector of glass but due to most picecs not being marked I have many pieces that I would love to know more about. So I have joined to get some help with my favourite pieces and hopefully to give help where I can.
The first piece I would love to know more about is a green lady in a flowing skirt.
She fits into the frog perfectly so I am sure it is original but I think bowl is wrong, it dosn't seem big enough and she dosn't fit snuggly into it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
Re: Help with green lady
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:56:17 PM »
My best guess would be Czech, by Joseph Inwald.

Your lady is shown on this website with several different bowls (scroll about half way down):
http://www.black-poppy.co.uk/mc/unknown/list.htm

The frog seems to be the same as yours.  Also note the fish figure shown with the same frog and bowl as the green lady on that page...

The same fish centerpiece is shown on this website, described as Joseph Inwald (click the Inwald link on the left menu):
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/index2.html

No idea on your bowl though sorry.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flameoak

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
Thank you for that, that is her, the bowl she originally came with was quite plain when you compare it to the blue version.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 03:47:59 PM »
The piece is Czechoslovakian, designed for Joseph Inwald company (note please that Inwald was founder of Rudlolfova hut factory, businessman, not designer), produced also after WWII in Rudolfova hut. You can find it in Rudolfova hut - Glassexport before 1958 catalogue at CD attached to Marcus Newhall Sklo Union book.

pattern no 11932 + 12865 + bowl (I suppose you will find it at CD, I am not so patient)

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand