No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Millefiori paperweight.. is it Clichy? Ans: Yes it is!  (Read 14130 times)

Offline stew2u2

• Members
Re: Millefiori paperweight.. is it Clichy? Ans: Yes it is!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 02:23:07 PM »
this is the actual weight i new i had a pic of it somewhere
there is always someone worse off .

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »
BARGAIN stew2u2, proves there are still some out there.
Ive had an email from a private clichy dealer/collector who has asked me not to name them but has agreed i can share the additional information they have given me on this weight.
They think the value is should reach £1000 plus, due to the rare purple central flower cane and the turquoise ground which is a very desirable colour, they also said the colours have been set well against each other making it a nice example.

Now im still a little dazzled to be honest and im trying to ignore figures as everybody has there own ideas and valuations, im just taking the lowest value which would be fabulous and anything over that would be a huge bonus
Many many thanks, and i will keep you all informed as to any information or progress with regards to the weight
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 02:31:44 PM »
BARGAIN stew2u2, proves there are still some out there.
Ive had an email from a private clichy dealer/collector who has asked me not to name them but has agreed i can share the additional information they have given me on this weight.
They think the value is should reach £1000 plus, due to the rare purple central flower cane and the turquoise ground which is a very desirable colour, they also said the colours have been set well against each other making it a nice example.

Now im still a little dazzled to be honest and im trying to ignore figures as everybody has there own ideas and valuations, im just taking the lowest value which would be fabulous and anything over that would be a huge bonus
Many many thanks, and i will keep you all informed as to any information or progress with regards to the weight
michelle
hi thanks for that i think lol  :cry: already sold it for £577 i was very happy with that and so was the buyer by the sounds of it

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 03:23:22 PM »
sorry stew2u2 i meant to put a gap after the first line, the email i had was about my weight, so dont worry its not your one lol, sounds like it went well anyway especially for what you paid for it.
michelle

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:30 PM »

Offline steph

• Members
    • Stephs glass
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
 :hi:  Hi Michelle, congrats, thats a wonderful find..I know nothing about weights, but can see that's beautiful.  Well done, oh yes, nearly forgot, I've got 'sixpence' on my ebay favourites....the best people crop up all over the place!!!!!!!   cheers steph.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2010, 01:49:52 PM »
cheers Steph are you one of my watchers?? its upto 63 watchers now, jon said last night 60 of them are friends family and GMB"ers"
At last i have made it to the dizzing heights of pottery, porcelain and glass section on ebay pulse (page on ebays most watched items, 7th place, 3rd on glass and 2nd on paperweights)
cheers all
michelle

Offline stew2u2

• Members
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
cheers Steph are you one of my watchers?? its upto 63 watchers now, jon said last night 60 of them are friends family and GMB"ers"
At last i have made it to the dizzing heights of pottery, porcelain and glass section on ebay pulse (page on ebays most watched items, 7th place, 3rd on glass and 2nd on paperweights)
cheers all
michelle
hi put a bid in but was rejected  :cry: you didnt want a fiver  ;D nice weight and good luck.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 03:27:44 PM »
ahhh bless stew2u2, i didnt reject you lol, it just got swolled up on the reserve  >:D

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 10:23:37 AM »

My experience of selling suggests that you need 25 - 30 watchers for each 'meaningful' bidder, who tend to enter the fray at the last minute.  However, if your reserve is anything like the figures discussed earlier, then I doubt it will sell, given the size and condition. But good luck!

Alan
Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand