No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Moser wine glass with Queen Elizabeth's royal monogram  (Read 3718 times)

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Moser wine glass with Queen Elizabeth's royal monogram
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2010, 11:58:40 PM »
I've just been looking through my catalogue collection and found one for the Moser State Service Suites which shows this glass with one very slight difference: the monogram is gilded unlike Blair's which is ungilded.

Screengrab from the catalogue is attached below for reference. Original image is © Moser, and although the catalogue file is undated, I downloaded it from the Moser website in July 2008, and having just checked, find it's still there: http://www.moser-glass.com/en/novelties/advertising/

Incidentally, there's a curious story about Liberace having a copy of this set as well here:
http://antiques.about.com/od/regionalantiquing/ig/Liberace-Museum-Antiques/Moser-Glass-Collection.htm
http://antiques.about.com/od/regionalantiquing/ig/Liberace-Museum-Antiques/Liberace-s-Moser-Stemware.htm which may well be fanciful, as the Splendid 101060 suite was used by others apart from Queen Elizabeth II, e.g. tha catalogue shows it with the monograms of the Emperor of Ethiopia, Norwegian Royals, an Algerian President, and a Polish Prime Minister, so perhaps anyone with sufficient cash could buy a set and have their own monogram affixed.

Anyhow, as Blair has confirmation this may all be superfluous for him, but might be of interest to others. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Moser wine glass with Queen Elizabeth's royal monogram
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 08:59:02 AM »
Hi all
Found this whilst doing some research on some Moser glasses I picked up at the weekend.
One is the Splendid pattern, Gilded version Elizabeth II, one is Royal pattern King Edward VII
The third one I dont yet know the monogram I think its Royal pattern BUT the stem is airtrap and I cant find another Royal pattern with this.
The fourth glass in the set I dont know a lot about its not marked but somebody has put a handwritten sticker on saying Moser glass. The quality is correct.
I have emailed the picture to Moser and asked for further information, I will of course share the info once recieved
michelle

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand