Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Bohemia, Czechoslovakia, Czech Republic, Austria

Three Czech Pink & Chartreuse Harrtil Glass Vases by Harrachov

(1/3) > >>

dorian_graye:
Hello all.  I recently purchased these three vases at an estate auction.  I believe the type of glass is "harrtil".  Can anyone give me an approximate date and glass company that possibly made these.  I'm aware that there are several different designers that created this type of glass.  Are the colors any signifier as to one designer in particular?  The largest is 9", 6", and 4.5" inches tall and all with highly polished bases.

Andy:
Hi Dirk,
according to Ivos book, Harrtil - Glass made by Harrachov from 1955 , with inlayed colour threads.
Some examples here,
http://www.modernistglass.com/glasspieces/view/1932

Cheers
Andy

dorian_graye:
Andy, thank you for your reply.  That is a good link for reference.  It's curious though, that the piece of the same color scheme had a Venetian label attached.  Good to know that I didn't pay too much for the three that I bought.  I think they will increase in value in years to come.

Lustrousstone:
In Italy where it was invented, the technique is called merletto.

paulbowen:
These are correctly identified as Harrtil.  They are pictured and discussed in Ada Polak's book "Modern Glass."  These pieces are quite uncommon, bordering on rare.  Additionally, you have really great color schemes; usually they're only seen in pink.  These are the first polychrome pieces I've ever seen anywhere.  Wonderful stuff, you're lucky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version