No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: 这是什么? (or in English) What is this?  (Read 2444 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
这是什么? (or in English) What is this?
« on: May 21, 2010, 05:37:28 AM »
Hi

I bought this just because they were so heavy, big, and sparkled.  I am assuming this is some
company ....and that  it was a gift to someone from a Company (retirement??).  Anyways they are also some writng on the inside that say something about 1955 - 2005 so it must be some companies 50th anniversary. So these have to be new (Duh  :spls2: )

Can anyone read some of the 这是什么 ??

They are about 4 inches high, 4.25 inches wide....and at the thickest point they are 3 inches thick.  I like the prism cut on them.  I will keep them, as they may be worth more down the road......I hope.  Thanks for any info...

:thup:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
Re: 这是什么? (or in English) What is this?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »
Just thought I would *attach* this to this post....

I did find on the net - a company that makes (similar) PW like these 2 that I bought.  Here is a link: http://www.mcecorporategifts.co.uk/CategoryInfo.aspx?cat=15

The ones that I have look similar to the one under the topic of *Rainbow Paperweight* that is faceted, and on a bit of a slant...

Thxs  ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 12:59:22 AM »
... a company that makes (similar) PW like these ...
The MCE company might simply be distributors of items made elsewhere, but with designs according to their orders. Or they might have their own engravers, working on blanks from elswhere. Given that they provide corporate Pens, Leather goods and Pewter items as well as engraved crystal, I think it is unlikely that they actually make the full products.

But it is good to know about the source of corporate items, as usually when such things get into the secondary market, nobody has a clue where they came from.

[I think maybe "MCE" have been mentioned in the Board before - but I could not find any entries via a search.]
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:42:11 AM »
Thanks KevH...

When I cyper-stumbled on this.  I just thought I should add it back to this post, because later IF I try to find something -- then I will not be able to find it them.  Isn't that the way the story goes....  ;D ;)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand