Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Poland

Pressed glass inverted bubble vase - Polish maker? ID = Hortensja

(1/2) > >>

Anik R:
Hello...

I was wondering if anyone could help identify this pressed glass vase (maker/date)...

It is 18cm tall and heavy.  It has inverted bubbles to all 4 sides.  Though the vase is square in shape, the opening is circular (as seen in the last picture).  I suspect it's Polish...  any ideas?

Thank you  :)

Anik

astrid:
I've the same sort of vase in my collection. It was sold as being Czech, but I am a bit sceptical about that attribution. The quality is lower than the other pressed glass I have that is known to be Czech (meaning to me that the seams are all over the place, and the material doesn't look very clear and transparent). I meant to post it here to ask around, but didn't get round to it so far. I hadn't considered Polish so far, though I did consider German.

So, I'll add my voice to yours: who knows more about this one?

Anik R:
Thank you, Astrid...

I agree with you -- not a Czech vase.  I think Polish, maybe German...  but I'm still leaning more towards a Polish maker.

I hope someone will be able to help us.  :)

Anik R:
I found this today on Allegro:  http://www.allegro.pl/item1109238891_design_1970_polski_wazon_bable_powietrza.html

The same as our vases, and described as "Polish 1970s" -- no maker is identified, however.

Bonsaismurf:
I found the same vase here in Sweden but didn't buy it because it didn't "feel" Czech. I agree with the horrible finish!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version