No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: another pressed fish bowl for id please  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
another pressed fish bowl for id please
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »
The sort of piece you would think might be Bagley, but almost certainly not.  It stands/leans a little down towards the tail -no marks - about 150mm long - very stylized.   Clean and without any scratches of note - so I'm guessing not that old perhaps.   Three square profile legs.   I really have trawled amongst the catalogues, but probably missed it somewhere, so hope someone can assist please, and thanks for looking.   I expect there will be a lot of quick answers. :)      cheers           

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
Re: another pressed fish bowl for id please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »
SKLO union.

Manufacturer: Hermanova hut

pattern 19347. Actually that's the larger one which is 240mm in length but I am sure I have given you enough to find your version.

I have one in green that also contains uranium which suggests they may be older than you think :)

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 09:37:44 PM »
thanks Nemmie  -  this is unforgivable of me  -  I have all of the right books, but was looking in the wrong direction  :usd:   My sincere thanks to you - and must admit I would have prefered one of the glowing sort  -  mind you, I have so much U. glass I don't know which way to turn.  Guess this is on Marcus's CD, as I don't see it on the pages, so will look tomorrow evening.   My example is so clean, you would think it was made yesterday ;D  Would imagine 1940 - 1950, but not really sure unless the disc will tell me.   Many thanks again.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 06:18:44 AM »
They are dessert bowls. A large one and six small ones making a set. The date range you suggest is probably about right, though it may well be a pre-War design, as so many of them are.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 06:24:34 AM »
Don't forget that Marcus' CD only gives design dates for relatively few items and then only in the body of the book. The catalogues only indicate that an item was being produced in that year and some of the items had very long production lives...

Offline Nemmie

• Members
    • South East England
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 06:37:14 AM »
Same catalogue number then, I didn't use the CD but recognised it from my collection and then checked my records which I made before I bought the book.I probably originally got the information for the great Antiques International website.

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
― Henry Ford

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
Same catalogue number then, I didn't use the CD but recognised it from my collection and then checked my records which I made before I bought the book.I probably originally got the information for the great Antiques International website.

Much of which came either from the book or direct from Marcus I believe. ;)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand