Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

Vasart Tulip Lamp?

(1/3) > >>

Pinkspoons:
I purchased this today for a not-too-harsh £18. T'is the same shape, size (10") & proportions as the one shown on Frank's marvellous site, and the design is very much along the same lines... but the colours are different...

What think we of it?

Frank:
They tend to sell for a bit more, 200ish on eBay and in excess of 1,000 in some Scottish antiques shops. Quite a bargain.

Pinkspoons:
Oh, so it is genuine then? Hurray.

I know that they go for a fair amount of money on eBay - one the same colour as shown on your site went for £210 last night. Actually if it wasn't for spotting the one on eBay, I would have gone straight past the one I bought yesterday.

But £1,000? Are they mad?  :shock:

Edit: Apologies to anyone who would pay / has paid £1,000 for a lamp like this... but I'm tightfisted and 99% of the time only buy things if they're utter bargains!  :D

lddlsa:
Well done Pinkspoons on getting such a bargain, well spotted.  I would love one day to find such a bargain to make up for all the times I spent too much when I first started buying Ysart glass.  I have one lamp which I paid £150 for which is not a bad price for a Vasart lamp but it will probably remain my only one, unless I am as eagle eyed and as lucky as you.   :)

Pinkspoons:
Thanks! And going on what the lamp last night on eBay sold for, £150 doesn't seem like too bad a price at all!  :)

Though, to be honest, this will most likely end up as shop stock in the new year when I launch my little online emporium of all things designer clutter!   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version