No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Walther centrepiece  (Read 561 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Walther centrepiece
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »
 Hi, I have this quite large Walther centrepiece bowl (7 inches tall 18cms) 7 and a half inches across the top, on the Black Poppy site it shows my bowl with the pelican centrepiece, is it ok to put another Walther centrepiece in the bowl or would it not look right? Any thoughts welcome, Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Walther centrepiece
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
Purists only put in what the catalogues show, but I suspect in truth Walther actually sold whatever combinations the wholesalers wanted and thought they could sell. After all, a lot of the fittings are identical. So I say if you think it looks right then put it in.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 09:19:44 PM »
bowl's female name is IRENE - would therefore go with one of the ladies as well - JMHO  8)
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »
  The lady centrepieces seem to be a bit cheaper than the pelicans, I put my blue Hollanderin lady in to see if it looked ok, it does fit the hole in the flower holder, so I will now need to find one in pink!!   Thanks for the info. Cheryl

Offline oyemicanto

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
If I had a spare pink Hollanderin I would sell it to you but I don't I'm afraid.
I was lucky enough to pick up a pink Belvedere set this morning at a fair.She is the lady with the geese have you seen her?
I already have her in this colour but I couldnt resist a bargain! lol
"Ive had a wonderful evening.....unfortunately this wasnt it!"  Groucho Marx

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
The bowl was only four pounds in a charity shop, I saw it but didn't buy it, I was then looking at the Black Poppy site and saw it on there and went back to the shop about a week later and luckily it was still there!!! I bet its going to cost me more than four pounds to buy a centrepiece for it.  ;D   But then again my Hollanderin lady was five pounds with the little base she sits in at a car boot. I do so love a bargain.   Cheryl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand