No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Mystery #162  (Read 5013 times)

Offline glassaddict

• Members
Mystery #162
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:02:05 PM »
Another of my friends collection. Any help to ID would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Hil :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline theElench

• Members
    • Art Deco
    • England
Mystery #162. in pink.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:40:58 PM »
Hi, I opened another box of stuff from the attic yesterday and found this small pot (from Mysteries #162).  Thought I'd send you a couple of photos before it goes on ebay as there's nothing there in pink.  You have my permission to use them if they are of any use to you.

It's 6.5cm dia. and 5.5cm high.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jayne

• Members
    • Trinket Sets, Uranium, Varied,
    • England, UK
Re: Green Pressed Glass Trinket Set
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 01:25:53 AM »
This could possibly be another "Junior Miss" style set, I have 2 of the pots in clear green and they are tiny.
Please help identify Mystery Glass Trinket Sets
https://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Mystery #162. in pink.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »
Thank you, I've added this to the mystery album. :)
http://www.glasstrinketsets.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=167
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Walden

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Canada
Re: Mystery #162
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 08:20:04 PM »
I noticed that the mystery set 162 has a bunch of different trays shown with it. I have a feeling that the frosted green tray shown above and the one that I am posting are possibly the tray made for this set. ( just due to design, colour and size). Oddly enough the same tray seems to be applied to mystery set 163 as well.  I'm blown away with how small everything is with this set I'm sure that it was only used as either an ornament, or as a child's dress up table set. Although how anything could possibly remain intact after that is the real mystery. Anyways apologies for the poor quality shrunken photos. If you wish to use them for anything, permission granted. :)

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 10:14:16 PM »
Hi Walden, yes we have a few sets that are seen with alternate trays, and whereas some of those shown in the Mysteries albums are clearly mismatched (what we refer to as marriages) others may include variant trays by the same manufacturer.  I suspect there are various reasons for this: (1) that different buyers had different preferences based on what they thought would sell in their locality - e.g. in the UK we mainly see large trays, whereas in many other European countries they have a narrower type of tray and often no candlesticks; (2) that some buyers bought individual pieces and made up their own sets; (3) that some sets were made up only for certain buyers to give them something different to other outlets selling similar pieces; (4) that folks selling "sets" now put together pieces that look to be the same colour and sell them as a set. 

The bottom line in respect of points 1, 2 and 3 is, of course, that what the buyer wants they get, and we do find that sometimes these don't match the catalogued patterns.  In respect of point 4, many of the mystery photos come from folks who have bought the "set" or are selling the "set" online so we cannot be sure what piece should belong with what other piece/s, so it's very much a voyage of discovery, and a work in progress still.

By the way, I love your photos!

Offline Walden

• Members
  • I'm new, please be gentle
    • Canada
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 06:50:50 AM »
Thanks for that , Anne. There's so much I don't know and am voraciously reading to figure out these little mysteries, so definitely no disrespect meant!  You're more than welcome to use any photo I post. :)

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 09:07:29 PM »
Thank you Walden, I much appreciate your permission to use your photos. By the way, don't feel bad about it - there's still so much I don't know about glass or these sets too, despite doing this for a fair few years now...  I always say that my theme song is Johnny Nash's "There are more questions than answers ... and the more I find out the less I know!"  ;D

The Glass Trinket Set website wouldn't have got this far if it wasn't for the help and generosity of others here on the board and elsewhere who have provided photos, catalogues, information, etc... that is all helping to build a resource for everyone to use. It's nowhere near done, I'm sure there are hundreds more catalogues to find and designs to identify, and equally sure that there will be some that remain a mystery for various reasons, such as those from short-lived glassworks, or loss of records (accidentally or intentionally or as a result of war), etc... Every snippet of info helps enormously but it's like trying to complete a 10,000 piece jigsaw without a picture when some of the pieces might have got lost or eaten by the dog too - exciting, frustrating, but worthwhile!

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 08:11:06 AM »
Anne, I think you've just flunked Pop Master. It was Johnny Nash, not Jimmy Ruffin.

Offline Anne

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 10:43:57 PM »
Anne, I think you've just flunked Pop Master. It was Johnny Nash, not Jimmy Ruffin.

Doh! So it was Christine, I dunno why I wrote Jimmy Ruffin! It's been a long and tiring week...  :'(  ;D  Earlier post now corrected.  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand