No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Seguso Vetri D'Arte 'Scavo' Floorlamp w/ Sculpted Bronze Base  (Read 5773 times)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
Re: Seguso Vetri D'Arte 'Scavo' Floorlamp w/ Sculpted Bronze Base
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010, 02:47:13 AM »
I got the Lace & Stone book as I am buying the cheaper books first. I am buying 1 glass book a month to get more reference resources. Not sure of the content but any help on his pieces is going to be great. I just hope the book has some detailed information on his history, especially before the 50's but I assume because it is a Pina book it would be concentrating on the 50's?!

I would love to see my glasses as well. Oddly, I have not even unwrapped them since I purchased them  :o. Probably because I have been to busy getting the glass I have to sell together. I haven't had the time to admire there beauty yet ;D.

The SVdA book is listed on Amazon as 'Out Of Print - Limited Availability'. Was it even printed? I have never seen or heard of a copy in existence. It must be a myth!

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »
It has several publication dates listed on the internet: March 2004, Jan 2005, Jan 2006 - and Dec 2010.

Its ISBN, which looks to be the same all the way through, is only 10 digits, (3897901625), which means it was assigned prior to 2007. Either it was published in very small numbers each time, or the publication has been beset with problems, such as clearing copyright on images and newer catalogues, which have shifted the release several times.

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 08:08:45 AM »
I would be assuming more likely copyright due to publication issues...LETS GET IT RELEASED!!!...Sorry for the yelling...but i need partner... :P

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »
I agree Pain.  I wish this book would be released also.  I also need it to identify a label on my SVdA bird that I have.  I have never seen the label before and the bird appears to be old because I found ash in it.  It would be nice to get a copy of this book. 

tam bam

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »
I am on every wait list for the book that I've been able to find. I have scoured the world over for the Seguso VdA book. I really don't think it is out there anywhere. I read something a while back that said Heiremans had some trouble with the release of a couple of his books because of problems with the books themselves. I wondered if this is one of them.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 08:08:10 AM »
Do you have a pic of the label tam bam?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
I emailed Arnoldische, the publisher, asking if Heiremans book on SVdA had ever or would ever be published. They said that their plan was to publish it in Summer/Autumn of 2011. At least we have a specific date to look forward to now.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
Yay!  Thanks David! 

tam bam

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2010, 03:14:51 AM »
A year! But I can't wait another year! I want it tomorrow. :cry:
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
Pain, I didn't see your reply about my SVd'A bird label until now.  Sorry it took me so long to respond.  Yes, I do have a pic of the label.  If you wish to view it, it is in Anita's Murano Zoo.  Here it is:
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/birds-page-10
The first bird on the top left is it. 

As far as this lamp goes.  I am with David that this is a SVd'A Albarelli lamp.  There is a discussion on another board about SVd'A Albarelli and a nice member replied with help.  Here is the link:
http://www.fossilfly.com/Forums/showthread.php?p=10209#post10209

tam bam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand