No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass with Arms  (Read 491 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Glass with Arms
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:45:21 AM »
 :hi: This is my newest purchase, and yes it was on the Cupboard as I have not yet had time to put my my little studio  :spls: so forgive me for the shot.

This has really long arms (wings) or whatever you want to call them.  I believe (think) that it is Chalet Glass (or Lorraine Glass) but there is no mark on the bottom.  The long arms remind me of Chalet, but the 4 lobed base reminds me of Lorraine -- so not sure on this one.  I think this (might) be from around the 60's/70's era, but not sure.  With those long tall (16 inch approx) arms that reach upward, amazing not broke.

Now just have to get some better pics soon -- plus find a place (??) for it here.  Don't know where it will fit, but Hey -- its Glass !!  Plus have to figure out the maker/year too....

TIA

( paid only $25 for it, so I thought a Good Deal.....Cheap, but Mint )
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Glass with Arms
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
Maybe close ?   HERE or maybe like this HERE ALSO

Just trying to find a match, even though the attributions there *might* be wrong too...   :-\  Do you guys/gals get very much of this type of Glass over-the-pond?  Do you collect it at all?
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand