Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Germany

oval plaque with dancing figures on it?

(1/2) > >>

Glasshound:
I saw one of these on EBAY recently..anybody know who made it? it's 12 inches long, 8 inches wide and a 1/2 inch thick..thx...Blair

Mod: The images from this post have vanished. If you started this thread and you still have the pictures, please let the moderators know so that we can restore them. To add pictures to your posts permanently, the GMB recommends either using the 'attach' facility when posting, or using The Glass Gallery. See the GMB guide to adding pictures to your posts for more.

Frank:
No idea, but what a delight!

Leni:
I've seen something like this before here  :?  I think if I remember correctly the maker is the one who also does that dark green glass.  Sorry to be so vague   :oops:  :roll:

Glen:
Were you thinking of Desna, Leni. And the dark green glass is, I think, "jade". We saw quite a lot of it in the flea markets in Vienna. I may be totally wrong here, so ignore me if I am  :shock:

Glen

AlmasAttic:
It reminds me of the style used by the Czech glassmakers Schlevogt and Hoffmann. Absolutely beautiful!

BTW, The dark green glass referred to earlier is, I believe, known as MALACHITE glass, and was used extensively by Schlevogt and Hoffmann.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version