No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Decorative Glass Duck with Bloch for Leerdam mark but is it? ID = Leerdam  (Read 9152 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Decorative Glass Duck with Bloch for Leerdam mark but is it?
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 08:08:51 AM »
you should also be aware that Marktplaats is subject to manipulation - a bid may not be genuine but reflect the seller's ideal - a decoy bid. It is not likely that anyone would be willing to fork out hundreds of euros for a kitschy knicknack which has been in production for over 50 years....

Shrug, basic economics. Supply has to be checked against demand. Demand apparently is high enough even for the large supply.

I checked Botterweg auctions 2010: the last nude figurine of Bloch to go under the hammer in 2010 was valued 750-1000 euro. Minimum bid was 550, it fetched 750. Seems this one is very much in demand. Even if a professional auction house like Botterweg would manipulate the bidding proces (which I'm not suggesting in any way), apparently there are still buyers who will offer that sort of money plus 20+% auction expenses in the end. The kitschy knickknack is a genuinely expensive knickknack :)

The satined deer figurine was valued at 20-40 and went for 56. That's lower than most bids I see on marktplaats for it, where it usually goes over 100. The car mascots are the most expensive, they fetch over 1000 at Botterweg.

I'm not saying of course that I would pay that for any of them.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline NKP

• Members
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2010, 10:56:52 PM »
The satined deer figurine was valued at 20-40 and went for 56. That's lower than most bids I see on marktplaats for it, where it usually goes over 100.

... that one was badly damaged, as is the one that is stuck at 125 euro. A couple of years ago a deer would fetch 300 euro, now 200 euro).

... back to topic: the duck is beautiful (would love to own it  :kissy:) and absolutely authentic.

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2010, 07:03:59 AM »
Ah, I forgot to check the condition, thanks, that explains the price differences with the deer.

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand