Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > Germany

Blue pressed glass vase - Skrufs or Walther. ID= Georgshütte / Boffzen

(1/6) > >>

astrid:
I've seen this blue vase (first picture) described as Skrufs, Lars Hellsten designer, a few times, so it wasn't high on my list to confirm, but recently Dirk cast some reasonable doubt on that by remarking it looked a lot like some pressed Walther vases.

I've actually acquired one of the similar Walthers (second picture, clearly labeled as Walther), so I could compare a bit. While I agree the idea of the blue seems similar, I also see differences. The size and the general shape are different, and the finish is quite different (for instance, while they both have a square rim, the Walther rim is flat, while the blue rim is not. Also, the Walther has pressed lines on the side that are more pronounced and different than the blue, whose press marks are very vague.

However, I think it's a good opportunity to ask for a few that are a bit more at home with Skrufs how well documented the blue is as a Skrufs vase?

I have more detailed photographs of the rim and the base available if anyone thinks that would make it easier.

Astrid

glassobsessed:
Sorry about being pedantic but it is Skruf not Skrufs. http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-11786

I would be surprised if the blue one was made by Skruf, everything I have seen that they made seemed to be of better quality than your vase. Can you post the photos showing the rim and base please?

John

astrid:
It appears I forgot to take a base shot at the time I made pictures of the blue vase... this is what I currently have. It's dark over here now, so I can't take additional pictures at the moment.

I'm sure quality is an issue, but I've seen high quality Walther pressed crystal as well that looked a lot better than the purple vase, so the fact that a factory made good quality pieces doesn't exclude them from also having lower quality ranges. Don't know of course if Skruf (sorry about the name) had several different quality lines like Walther.

Astrid

glassobsessed:
At first I thought it was quite roughly made, now I am not so sure.

There is one for sale on ebay, scroll down for a photo of the base: http://cgi.ebay.nl/Retro-Art-Glass-Vase-by-Lars-Helsten-for-Skruf-Sweden-/290463226447?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item43a0f51a4f

John

astrid:
Yes, the one on ebay is the same one (and another one attributed to Skruf - Lars Hellsten I notice). The Walther one is in my opinion more roughly made than the blue one. The blue one is pressed glass, not crystal, but the details are not bad at all.

Given that so many people give the same attribution, I was wondering if it was mentioned in a glass book?

Astrid

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version