Glass Discussion & Research. NO IDENTIFICATION REQUESTS here please. > British & Irish Glass

info request for S. Clarke 'night light' holder.

<< < (2/2)

Anne:
No worries, Paul. *BTW the reason that search wasn't helpful is probably cos they show up under "fairy lamps" instead. Jim Sapp, the fairy lamp man, is also a member here.)

Jim Sapp:
Hi Paul,

Sorry for not replying to your posting sooner but I don't check this forum very often.

Your clear glass base is indeed part of a fairy lamp.  It is documented as Clarke Model Number 17 and referred to as a "Flower Circle".  The advertisement shows it with a clear shade but any of Clarke's fairy lamp shades will fit within the inner ring.  The outer ring was filled with moss and used for floral arrangements.  It came in two sizes, Pyramid (2.25" d. shade) and Fairy (3.25" d. shade).  The vintage is 1890s.  It is a good find.  Now, all you need is a shade and you are well on you way to a "collection".

Jim (the fairy lamp man)......I am honored but hardly worthy.  :-[
www.fairylampclub.com
www.fairylampforum.com

Paul S.:
Jim, thanks, and appreciate you taking the time reply. :)    Very frustrating, as on that particular morning at the 'boot sale' -the woman selling was almost giving things away, and the event almost turned into a scrum.   Pound to a penny that the shade for this base was somewhere on the table and in the melee I missed it.   I would never have thought of moss in the outer ring - sounds almost like a mini greenhouse! - I bet they looked great when they were all fired up and running.  I really would like to have one 'complete' fairly light, so will definitely keep an eye out for the shade.   Thanks also for the links.   Paul S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version