No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ID help - lampwork (?Scottish)  (Read 1433 times)

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
ID help - lampwork (?Scottish)
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

I have an attractive 'paperweight' pendant, with a very well made spray of flowers as the motif. The lampwork looks Scottish to me - and  maybe John Deacons? But I know that others make lampwork that John uses.

Can any of the experts on Scottish weights identify the maker of the lampwork please? (My wife says she is adding it to her collection of pendants....but it would be nice to know who made it!).  It is 1 1/2 inches daimeter.

Alan

Alan  (The Paperweight People  https://www.pwts.co.uk)

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RAY

• Members
Re: ID help - lampwork (?Scottish)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »
i think perthshire made pendant's like that in the 80's
cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »
Alan, your wife's pendant is really lovely.  May she enjoy wearing it in good health and good times.  Following up on Ray's post, a couple of paperweight pendants are shown on pg. 156 of The Complete Guide to Perthshire Paperweights (1997).  It states they were made in 1983-84.  Personally, I think yours is the nicest.  The gold encircling yours as well as the loop where the chain would go through look different than the ones in the book.

Lily :hi:

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:08 AM »

Thanks both - now I look at the Perthshire book I can see it is clearly Perthshire! Mine has a silver mount rather than gold.

Alan

"There are two rules for ultimate success in life. Number 1: Never tell everything you know."

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.

Offline casalibre

• Members
Re: excuse me Alan
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »
Hi Alan.
You have send this information some days ago:
" I know of very few places that can do a good job on facetted weights, but it is worth contacting the people at the Ruskin Centre in Stourbridge. There are glass restorers there who used to be at the Red Cone, and I believe they are good with paperweights, and reasonably priced.
Ruskin Glass Centre, Wollaston Road, Amblecote, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY8 4HF, tel: 01384 399460.
Alen Thornton"

Are they have an eMailaccount and a website???
Best regards and greetings to Helen
Lothar

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • The Paperweight People
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:53:11 AM »

Hi Lothar

I don't think there is a website or email address. Odd, as most of us live in the 21st century!

Alan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand