No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Attribution given in error...CORRECTION  (Read 768 times)

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
Attribution given in error...CORRECTION
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
Hi all
I thought it a good idea to post the following to clear up an attribution that has being brought to my attention....and definitely my error.
Somehow i have given the picture of a bowl and cover as a Sklo Union "Praha" with a catologue no....going back to try and trace where i got this information i have come up with no support for my attribution. Sadly this is a awful error on my behalf and have since corrected the mistake on my site,
I have left the information as stated with the additional heading "CORRECTION"
I would like to assure visitors that i do take special care when attributing....but this one somehow got away from me.
I do realise and regret that it does cause confusion and am grateful to PX for bringing this to my attention. However i will continue to try and trace the bowl and cover and should i find where i got that information i will post the results once again on the board.

http://www.antiques-international.ch/sklo_d/images/prahaBowlCover_001.JPG
Trusting that all will understand that i have a responsibility to make sure that every posting on my site is indeed correct and extra care is taken in attributing and should anyone spot a query I would gladly explain where i found the revelant information.
Information sources : Newhalls CD/book
Glass Revue ----Zurich Library
Jindrichs wonderful site

Many thanks
Norman

http://www.antiques-international.ch/sklo_d/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
Re: Attribution given in error...CORRECTION
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 03:48:55 PM »
Norman, you are human.  :thud: Now that we have proof of this, it is important that you realize that we still love, admire and respect you!!  :hug: Thanks for the info.

Carolyn

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »
Hi Norman,
Matura' s "Praha" pattern is very simmilar to finish pattern "Arabia"ยจ. I am afraid that Matura had been "inspired" more than fairly.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline norman warbreck

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
Hi there Carolyn
Thank you for your kindness and am double checking all my postings at the moment....a hell of a job but must be done to be just letter perfect.

Hi there Jindrich,
Yeah well i guess that may be so.....but a rather silly mistake for me to make as i have so much of his "Praha" such a distinct pattern. I do find the Praha pattern to be cleaner and rather striking.

thanks for looking

norman

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand