No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: possibly Murano so I have been informed  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Madam Medusa

• Members
Re: possibly Murano so I have been informed
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:47:12 PM »
From what I can see it looks nothing like mine. The one I have displayed only has one latticed design on it, which is unusual don't you think? :rah:
Never a truer word spoken in jest

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Madam Medusa

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
Any leads to the maker or info. on area's I could possibly research in order to obtain identification on this vase.  Have looked via. multiples of antique books, I am unable to obtain any info. other than been continuously told that it is a Murano piece.  If it is could the Moderator's please move this to it's correct location which would possibly generate more interest in identification purposes.  Thanx   :rah:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 01:14:17 AM »
Canes are very basic so unlikely Italian, China seems your best avenue... lots of on-line catalogues for their glass.

Offline Fisher Brookfield

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
Hi Madam Medusa,
I have seen simular vases in a charity shop early this year, but it was with alot of other glass that was new Murano inspired type glassware made in China?. Has the person that informed you that it was Murano got any information that could help to positivly identify which Murano factory or designer made this vase.

Fisher.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 11:18:42 AM »
Going back to the possibly Murano TYPE glass, I saw these and although not the same (there will never be 2 the same with hand blown glass)  I can see a similarity in the inclusions and although it would take hours to trawel through the whole site,  I have seen many very similar ones on this Alibaba Global trading site:

http://www.alibaba.com/product/squarecircle-217331408-0/Murano_art_glass_Vase_bowl_Stripes_Millefiori_A46.html

So perhaps it might be worth bookmarking it and spending a little time each evening going through it, as each picture takes you to a different list of anything up to a hundres glass vases. ( All made in China though).
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline Madam Medusa

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 05:58:00 PM »
Hello all

looked at the Chinese glass site over the last week and unable to find similar.  Some lovely glass on that site though, I must say.  I will keep looking as you are right, there are so many different variations of glass types to go through.  I am very curios as to what charity shops you have visited Keith as they may be similar types that I could purchase too.   :rah:

Offline Madam Medusa

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 10:17:50 PM »
It looks as if they have melted two sheets of glass together, formed the shape of a vase and turned the top inside out to make the collar. I'm not saying that's definitely how they have made it but it's just a small idea. Does anyone know if this is how they made this or even who made it? Thanks again
  :rah: Merry Christmas!  :sg:

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 11:20:53 AM »
It is blown glass with the rim folded back. Chinese studio glass still seems most likely.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand