No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: not Sklo Union but very similar  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
not Sklo Union but very similar
« on: October 31, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »
I am interested in the two bowls at the top if the attached picture. At first glance they are very like Sklo Union Jurnikl bowls / ashtrays 13154 (shown below for comparison), however they are slightly shallower, distinctly more angular and the colour is not quite right. Also the ground base rim is narrower. The colour reminds me more of Jablonecke. Can anyone advise?

Bruce

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
Re: not Sklo Union but very similar
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
Perhaps if I add a base picture which shows the narrow base rim and the more angular styling.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
Bruce your pictures are a bit big, they are hard to view as scrolling is required. If the largest size is about 700 pixels then they seem to work fine.

Possibly a similar situation as in this topic: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37198.0.html

John

Offline Ursa_major

• Members
    • UK Leicestershire
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 08:51:04 PM »
I'll try to get future pictures smaller.
When I got the first bowl I thought it might be from an underfilled mould, but when I found the second one and realised it was identical I looked closer and started noticing differences. As well as the things  I mention above, the Jurnikl /Rosice bowls have distinctly rounded lobes.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 05:55:54 PM »
Speculation - the varying two shapes 'might' be the difference between two factories' versions of the same design or a replacement mould - especially if the mould were made by different mould makers. I would like to see a profile comparison as there appear to be differences that cannot be properly seen in above views.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand