Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

CAITHNESS "FIREBALL" PAPERWEIGHT

(1/2) > >>

KrazeyLady:
Hello

I have just joined this site primarily to find out about a load of glassware that I have just acquired.
Let me explain.
I do house and barn clearances here (in France). Normally it's just the regular junk that I may be able to sell or more likely take to the tip. Amongst the last few loads was a lot of glass - bottles, jars paperweights, etc. I think some of it might be semi valuable and some might be worth preserving for future generations. I don't know so I'm turning to you guys for any help or advice you feel you might be able to offer.
I hope you don't mind. I also hope that it isn't against Site Rules so I get booted off.

The first thing I would like to know about it a Caithness "Fireball" paperweight. Etched on the bottom is the number "H35285" (the 5 might be "S" but it looks like 5). I know it's not rare, but is it worth selling? If so, roughly how much could I ask for it? Would it be better to sell in England or France? Where can I find more information about this paperweight?

Thanks for any input on this

KrazeyLady

misha:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAITHNESS-FIREBALL-PAPERWEIGHT-VGC-LARGE-STUNNING-/200538947523

Maybe more will show up as sold in a 'completed listings' search on this site.

jonchellycain:
Hi there
The weight was designed by Colin Terris in 1983
I have currently got a caithness Fireball paperweight listed on ebay, so if you are on ebay you can watch that to give you an idea of value, I cant put a link on but you can search for me on ebay seller name sixpence0_8
Best way to get an idea of values is search completed listings on ebay.
if not its got another 2 days to go and i can let you know what it sold for
michelle

Wuff:

--- Quote from: KrazeyLady on November 14, 2010, 12:13:51 PM ---Etched on the bottom is the number "H35285" (the 5 might be "S" but it looks like 5).
--- End quote ---

The present numbering system for unlimited weights was introduced by Caithness in 1983: a leading character (identifying the year of manufacture) followed by a running number. H indicates 1990 as year of manufacture, and this will be the 35285th unlimited weight finished that year.

KrazeyLady:
Thanks for the replies. Will check out the links and EBay this evening.
Thanks again

K/L

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version