Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass Paperweights

IOW glass paperweight - Jonathan Harris signature

(1/1)

jakgene:
Hi - I think this is Golden Peacock Royale? Please advise if I am wrong... :) Glorious colours!

It is signed to the base Jonathan Harris IOW Glass England. Firstly can anyone tell me if this seems like a genuine signature? and secondly is it uncommon for a piece to be signed in this way? 

regards

JAK

Lustrousstone:
Yes, that's definitely Jonathan's signature; I've checked against my JH paperweights. Did you buy it off ebay UK a couple of weeks ago for about £10? If so that's the one I forgot to bid on  :cry:

jakgene:
yes that was the one.  I am so pleased you forgot!! ;D (I almost didn't bid myself as there were no bidders - I thought it might have been a fake or something - glad I took the risk). Cost me $32 all up with postage.

When I go to fairs over here and see a Caithness nondescript second, clearly marked C11G,  being offered for  sale at $120,  you can see why I like Ebay , despite it's problems. 

The paperweight is gorgeous, and the signature just adds that little extra to it.
Did Jonathan commonly sign items?  I guess he was quite young when this was made?

regards

JAK

Lustrousstone:
Clearly marked CIIGs can be found at extortionate prices here too. I don't know whether Jonathan often signed IoW stuff. He doesn't always sign his current PWs; I've had two sent on from the shop after going back for signing.

chopin-liszt:
Jonathon left Isle of Wight Studio Glass in '98.
When I bought my first "Horizon" vase from him he had to sign it in front of me - it had only been made the day before - it was not long out of the annealing oven!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version