No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Miloslav Janku fish for ZBS -- but what colour?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Miloslav Janku fish for ZBS -- but what colour?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 02:32:43 PM »
I appreciate all the comments (and pictures  :)).

It's a shame we don't have very much information available about ZBS at the moment -- I would have liked to know what colours were used (with their official names) at what times, by which designers (if they even had a say in the colours used), etc.  I would have also liked to know if my fish (which looks more like a trout than a dolphin  :usd:) is older, i.e. 70s, or newer. I was hoping the colour would give a clue.   

But no matter what, I still love my Czech fish (whether ZBS or AGS), and will happily show it off at any opportunity.  ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 02:41:09 AM »
Anik,
it is not like to say "hello". Possibly exist information about ZBS, maybe I know where to ask, but my day has 24 hours plus night, unfortunately.
My Czech glass collectors collegues are interested in to get pieces, only few of them, in fact one - Max Velcovský effectively helps me collect informations.

I am sure, that colour scale used in ZBS is perfectly documented,  if you wan to join our research team please focus your questions directly to Mr. Dr. Petr Nový from Jablonec museum. He is the best person who can focus you forward in your research. You can mention my name, possibly it will help.
petr.novy - at - msb-jablonec.cz

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 04:24:47 PM »
 :-[  Thank you, Jindrich.

P.S. I can't think of anything else in the world that I'd rather do than research glass (particularly Czech glass).  Unfortunately, we can't always do what our heart desires.  My serious research days will have to wait a little bit longer...   :-\   

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand