No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Italian? twin handles, very frilly, applied rigaree and rigaree foot  (Read 1197 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I've bought this auction no 390263311816 on our favourite auction site, and I hope when it arrives I am going to love it as much as I loved the picture of it. It's completely out of my limited knowledge base but I thought it might look good next to a large red and gold vase I have - and it didn't cost too much so I'm not going to be disappointed if it's a recent vintage  ;D

I have done lots of searching and I can't find a similar item.  For some reason I thought it may be English.  Or is it what is just referred to as 'Victorian'.  Any thoughts much appreciated.  I haven't received it yet so I don't know how much it weighs etc, but it is around 23cm tall and 13cm wide.

Many thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
I am not sure where your vase was made. It was made to resemble Venetian glass, but isn't Venetian. At first I thought it might be Spanish, but the more I looked at it, the less Spanish it looked. Does anyone have an idea about this vase?
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
It is interesting... I would like to see better pics when it arrives...especially the base....  It may also possibly be Bohemian.... They imitated the English well also......   really gonna take more/better pics to determine....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Gordiola seems quite likely.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK

Thank you all  - Ivo I think you've hit the nail on the head again  :)  (I've posted a link to a picture you posted a while ago)  - I'll post some more pics when it arrives. 
I'm interested as to age - is it recent as in the last 20 years or so or older than that perhaps?

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,34775.msg188472.html#msg188472

Many thanks
m

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I'd guess it was made during the time of Bernardo Gordiola Manera (1889-1960). 

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Many thanks Ivo  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
It has arrived!   .. I absolutely love it, it really is gorgeous.  Not incredibly lightweight, but neither is it too heavy iykwim?  There seems to be lots of wear to the little feet.
I found some wonderful Gordiola photos, but does the splatter effect decor still fit in with Gordiola Ivo?  I found as many photos as I could, which wasn't many but they were quite complex  and too small to be able to see if they were anything other than clear coloured glass.
thanks again
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
more pics

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Nicely made, bravo. Could also be Altare or Murano - but Gordiola is still a likely option.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand