No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Czech Knobs, Nipples, Bumps.....and ?? Label  (Read 5773 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Re: Czech Knobs, Nipples, Bumps.....and ?? Label
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 10:38:36 AM »
I have seen your piece somewhere in my documents, but I cannot remmember where it was. I am almost sure that this piece had been produced by Crystalex (Borské sklo) and not in Egermann-Exbor s.r.o.
In fact Egerman-Exbor is one from companies created in 90ties during Crystalex privatisation, so actually follower of Crystalex even Crystalex itself still runs in limited condition.

Please keep this issue open, I will find it sometime.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:39 AM »
I have seen your piece somewhere in my documents, but I cannot remmember where it was. I am almost sure that this piece had been produced by Crystalex (Borské sklo) and not in Egermann-Exbor s.r.o.
In fact Egerman-Exbor is one from companies created in 90ties during Crystalex privatisation, so actually follower of Crystalex even Crystalex itself still runs in limited condition.

Please keep this issue open, I will find it sometime.

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Thank you Jindrich -- Hope we can figure out something.

I have taken another pic of the label, and have used a magnifying glass on it.  I will post that pic as soon as I get it loaded to the computer here.  In the Meantime, I (think) I have found some more letters on here (with the magnifying glass, and carefully bending back a small area of the foil that was bend over.)  So I can add this to what I believe I can see. 

The new letters (that I believe I can see) I will highlight in Blue here, which -- once I get these new photos loaded, will post here also:

__?______ ER

____?_____N   (looks like another *N* here)

___?_______NS

Does say MADE IN (HERE on one line, then below that)
And then you can clearly see the word CZECHOSLOVAKIA

Any ideas of *names, companies* (or whatever) that could end in these letters to throw around?

Will post the close-up pic, ASAP...         Thanks

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
Here is the close-up photo as promised.  There were some tiny edges that were bend over, so I carefully bent them back with a stick pin.  You can see another *N* (slightly larger Print) above the NS, and you can also now see the words to *Made in* above CZECHOSLOVAKIA.

That other *N* is in the shape of this N image here:  http://en.fotolia.com/id/14307513  with little edges on the base.....not just a N like how it prints here on screen.

Used a magnifying glass.  

Hope that helps........anyone ???    :spls:                                
TIA

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »
This one is getting me down.......  :'(

I was dreaming *names* of what IT could be last night in my  :sleep: .  It was running through my head all night long.  I was sub-conscientiously thinking of names that I might have seen ending in N, or ER, or NS .  Also was thinking of different Google word-combos to try....that I might have missed.

Honest.....I still recall all of this, this morning.    In my dreams I was thinking a name beginning with either a P or a V -- so do not ask me why....but I tossed and turned all night long.

So this vase (and label) are driving me Nuts!!!!!  :ho: :ho: :ho:

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 11:35:15 PM »
Well, the only thing that I could come up with is that it could have been some sort of export label introducing other languages than English. For instance, the French for handmade, 'Fait a la main' would produce an N at the end of a bit of text. Perhaps there is a different expression that would require the plural form 'mains' to be used - giving an NS at the end - but my French is not very good so I can't find any.

I'm still disappointed the word 'Moser' didn't fit the ER. The spacing of the letters was perfect for a 5 letter word as well.

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 12:15:30 AM »

I'm still disappointed the word 'Moser' didn't fit the ER. The spacing of the letters was perfect for a 5 letter word as well.

Astrid

;) ;)

You know, I was sure of that too, as I even had measured the spaces for everything from the line ER, and you are right too -- I figured a 5 letter word SHOULD have been there too.  You are not alone on this.  I laid down a paper against it to measure the width of each letter too ----- and I agree.  I should be a 5 letter word, for lenght, and giving the same spacing at the end...

I think that is why I am losing sleep over this one......as I can not find a label like this at all, nor can I find a finish like it (the gold) so I am at my wits end here..........BUT I totally agree with you on the 5 letter word WOULD fit there.  Maybe it is a rare label ??? or such a short run label, it history has been lost.

--- I agree with you totally Astrid !!!!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 03:31:33 AM »
 :hi:

I have just spent another like 2 hours  :thud:  looking at this label with different source lights (top bright, underneath label, UV light, side lighting) to try to figure some more on this.  I again used a magnifying glass, and found a couple small edges that I turned back with the sharp end of a Pin (Boy, I feel like a surgeon here.....LOL).  I have also taken (tried) to take some closer shots yet of the letters I think I see use the magnifying glass....I (might) have stumbled (or figured) out a couple more -- but I would like your opinions on it -- so thus the larger/closer pics.  Forgive me, but this is really driving me NUTS!!   As stated before, 5 letters in the top would fit (such as the word Moser).  I enclose a little piece of paper to show you why the top word HAS to be 5 letter long, as that would center the word at both ends too.  Excuse my rough showing here -- but you get the drift.

Also, upon squinting my eyes a zillion times in the Magnifying glass.......it appears that I (think) I can make out a couple other letters now also.....or make out what they *should* or *might* be...

I also looked hard to see if IF the label might have been Gold and Red, with the Gold wearing off first --- but I see no remnants at all of Gold, so it must be Silver and Red.  (Just checking all the options, or the possibilities.....that is all) while squinting doing this.

__?_?_ ER

____?_____N   
(Another *N* here -- see pic below to see what I mean)

____AI____NS

MADE IN
CZECHOSLOVAKIA

The two RED letter here, I think I can make out to be that. I am Sure the one is an *A*, and the other one you can see a small tail like this *|* so it could ONLY be the Bottom part of a.........F, l, P, T, Y.

So I tried these combos here of:
AF_ _ NS
AI_ _ NS
AP_ _ NS
AT_ _ NS **
AY_ _ NS

....and the only one of the above that made any sense would be the AT_ _ NS (to me) IMHO....like a word nations, or something...

So anyways, I do do those crosswords puzzles, and cryptograms puzzles....and have been trying to fill in the blanks here of WHAT it could say.  I am only Assuming this as an educated *guess*, and PUTTING WORDS IN that I think could fit -- and by no means do I have any proof this is what it says -- as I am just trying to figure out a puzzle, or a cryptogram.

Anyways, I have came down to this Possibility (or something like it) so please do not laugh at me.....and I am certain that this (might) also say Moser.  So this is the Cryptogram that I have tried to *guess* could say something like ??:

MOSER
PREMIER
GLASS IN
ALL THE NATIONS
MADE IN
CZECHOSLOVAKIA

So please do not laugh, as I have been just trying to figure out ****WHAT**** it could say given the letters I believe I can make out.....and take a look at the closer pic I have attached to see if you can see what I think I see ???

This is just a wild guess like doing a cryptogram.....and nothing concrete.....just guessing, and trying to fill in the blanks.  I still do think this is (89 %) says Moser at the top....unless anyone can direct me to another glass naming in ER that has 5 letters in it.

??????????????????????????  :spls: ??????????????? :spls2:

(.......Please do not laugh at me for trying......I am a Scorpio, and I like a mystery......)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 03:53:55 AM »
???

Using a cryptogram service on the net was typing some letter combos in -- and I think the word above *Made in Czechoslovakia* could also be the following Word:  CREATIONS.  As that word would also fitin there -- I think, IMHO.  Just me having a Monologue here with myself throwing ideas around -- as I do not know much about Czech Glass here.  So any Help -- Would Help.  The Fact the label in Real, and does Exist --- so must be for something, or someone.  Foil label....is that an older label?  Crown on top mean anything?  Saying MADE IN mean anything??  Could the surface of the glass vase be a Special Glass Gold Paint (????) fired on ??? As I am seeking help from those that Know Czech here.  Help ???  I can not be the only person in the Whole World that has this label ???......or then....if so, could it have been made Special??  I doubt it.... :-\

I even looked around about Czech Pottery to see if I could find any *clues* on anything about the label.  I have no idea.....digging here.

Can anyone else see on the newest, newest, newest Close-up posted here (one post above this), the other letters I mention that you can see where I bent back some of the small foil edges.  Anyone.....

______ER

______N

CREATIONS
MADE IN
CZECHOSLOVAKIA

:thud:

TIA -- this one is driving me  :ho:, as I do not even know how to describe it goggling...

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 08:19:53 AM »
Rose:

I'm with Astrid on this one. I would look for a company that imported Czech glass rather a Czech company for the source of this label. The fact that non of the Czech experts have recognized the label tells you something, I think. I looked through Langhamer, who has the biggest collections of Czech labels I've seen, and he had nothing that resembled this label. While Langhamer doesn't have all Czech labels, he seems to have the most common ones.

Here's a good example of the Canadian company's label. http://www.rubyplaza.com/shops/tannerycreek-rp/iteml/RL3688#pic1

If you bought your price from the States, it might be worth searching for US importers of Czech glass.

Happy New Year and good luck,

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 04:06:44 AM »
Thanks langhaugh:

Okay, but I could use some help then trying to find the importer for this label -- if it is an import label.  Then what is the ID for the Vase?  As the vase would be one thing -- but then the importer label would be another (right)?  So I could use a little help on both -- and even the finish on it, I can't find much either.

I just need help....  :X:

Happy New Year to you David, and all the Rest of the Members too!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand