No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Excellent Engraving of Nude Dancer on Clear Glass Vase ID = Kamenicky Senov  (Read 4536 times)

Offline eglass

• Members
Re: Excellent Engraving of Nude Dancer on Clear Glass Vase
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »
I got a response from Orrefors already!  Here is my note to them, with their response following:

"Hello!

I have a piece that is unsigned, yet bears a remarkable resemblance to a series engraved by Vicke Lindstrand. Can you take a look
perhaps, and then let me know if pieces like this were done WITHOUT bearing a signature?

Many thanks!

Kelli Rooney"

"Hello,

It sure looks like a piece done by Vicke Lindstrand but as you say, it should have been signed with LG, which means Lindstrand engraved and maybe the signature of the engraver as well. Anyway, it must have been made of a very skilled engraver and maybe someone who worked for Vicke Lindstrand.

Best regards,

Orrefors Kosta Boda AB
Kristina Sparr"

So nothing definitive, but still good to know that requests to Orrefors are actually answered. :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 02:42:55 AM »
Kelli:

Not a terribly helpful reply, although it came quickly.

John suggested that Daniel would be a good person to offer some advice. The other very obvious person is Bill Geary, who wrote a book on Scandinavian glass, and who pops into the Scandinavian Board occasionally. I'm sure he could offer some advice.

MODS In view of the info from Orrefors, is there any reason not to move this to the Scandinavian Board?
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 03:31:42 AM »
This thread started a long time ago, but it should never be too late to admit a mistake.  I was sure this was Orrefors and then I found this ad in the CGR on Jindrich's site. It looks very like the piece is Czech!  Amazing!

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/CzechoslovakGlassReview19461?authkey=Gv1sRgCK_Yn5XhubXfwQE#slideshow/5519713842265719010

David

Offline eglass

• Members
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 03:47:48 AM »
David - WOW! Outstanding!

Thank you so very much! 

This just underlines the fact that artists copied styles that they admired and carried them through the ages and spanning different cultures. I love it that this mystery is solved - again, thank you so much.

Kelli

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 08:52:36 AM »
Wow Kelli,  that just goes to show, you should never give up trying to identify a piece of glass........and David, well spotted and well remembered.
What would we do without people like Jindrich who hold such a huge collection of glass information.
Brilliant!
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline bOBA

• Members
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 06:24:58 PM »
An excellent spot David! Well done on finding it, it looks to me like a definite ID, and could be moved to the Czech Bohemian zone of GMB possibly!

Robert (bOBA)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 06:39:30 AM »
MODS:  I'm confident we can move this to Czech file as the attribution is solid. It was produced at the Kamenický Šenov works, which was formerly J & L Lobmeyr, a company that would have the skilled engravers needed for such a piece.

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand