Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Glass

Pressed glass vase - version of Walther Trafalgar pattern?

(1/1)

Chris Harrison:
Blue vase is 25 cm / 10 inches
Other two are 20 cm / 8 inches (the green one has uranium content, so is probably pre WW2)

Walther's Trafalgar vase is the same form, but every one I've seen has been smooth.  Are these just a variation on the same item, or made by someone else?

Ta,
Chris

Lustrousstone:
These also come with the top turned over. I have one in green uranium glass. The colour is not Walther though.

Chris Harrison:
Hi Christine.

I just looked at the 1933 catalogue on http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/

Their colours are Smaragdgrün (emerald green), Bernstein (amber), Azurblau (azure blue) and Rosé (pink) and they're relatively pale.  I hadn't realised that before.  Thanks.

So these are more likely Czech, I suspect.  I guess they need to be filed with all those other unidentifiable bits of Stölze, Inwald, Reich, and what-have-you that are sitting in my loft and cellar.

Lustrousstone:
Wlather uranium green isn't relatively pale: there is a yellowish tone version and one that veers much more to bluish green. Both are quite intense colours and certainly comparable to these vases in depth of colour. They are just a different shade of green.

Chris Harrison:
Thanks, Christine.
It's always hard to tell from paper.  There's no substitute for actually having one between your paws, is there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version