No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: CLEAR Fine Cut Rings Celery Vase  (Read 529 times)

Offline redmuse

• Members
CLEAR Fine Cut Rings Celery Vase
« on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:04 PM »
Hello...so glad to find you!  I have learned from your educational forum that the pattern of the celery vase that I have inherited is Fine Cut Rings.  I was able to trace it by the Recd No on the bottom.  I've also learned that it's probably from the 1920's, that it's pressed glass, and that no one seems to be sure about the manufacturer at this point, but it's definitely European. 
Am I right so far?it

Here is where I'm stumped.  Mine is clear... but on David Doty's Carnival Glass website, he states that it was known only in marigold.  So... do you have different information?  Do you have any idea to its value?  Mine is in excellent condition, though the piece has what I would consider a "flaw" within the glass.... looks almost like a feather mark in the clear part near the rim.  And there are some bubbles. 

I am new to all this and find the research to be rather overwhelming and exhausting!  I am grateful for any information you can share with me, or direction you can point me.  Thank you!

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: CLEAR Fine Cut Rings Celery Vase
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
David Doty's site is a carnival glass site, so it only considers the carnival colours. Many of the European carnival items were made in non-carnival variants, e.g., clear or plain colours. Carnival is really only a finish on pressed glass.

See also here http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,37415.0.html

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: CLEAR Fine Cut Rings Celery Vase
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »
:hi: Welcome to the board!  What's the Regd. number on your piece please? And can you add photos of it so we can see how it looks? If you need help with adding pics we have a help topic here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html or you can email me for help if you get stuck.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand