No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano or Not ???  (Read 773 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Murano or Not ???
« on: January 30, 2011, 07:34:45 AM »
 :) there:

I got this small bowl today too.  I am thinking it is Murano, but just not 100% sure.  It does have Super wear on the base for Age, but I am not just sure of it as the top edges look just a tad different -- but then what do I know.  I am leaning to 87% Chance that it is Murano.  It is blue heavy glass, about 5 inches wide, and about 2.75 inches tall.  Like I said, the base does show lots, and lots of wear.  You can see a bit of residue from a square shaped label.  Now whether that is the residue from a makers label....or a price tag in the past, I dunno not know.  Just thought I would mention that bit.....

Bought these bowl, and the other oblong Bowl for a Song and a dance here ---- meaning Cheap.  :rah: Either way, I like them both.

Any opinions, or idea on year or Maker?  To confirm ??

Thanks  :kissy:

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Re: Murano or Not ???
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:45:02 AM »
If this one came from the same source as the oblong bowl you just posted, maybe they are from the same origin and are of the same maker?

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 08:02:24 AM »
If this one came from the same source as the oblong bowl you just posted, maybe they are from the same origin and are of the same maker?

Astrid

Yes I bought them together -- but I think they were just put together at the Estate Sale because they were *both* blue, IMHO.  As I do believe they are different makers by the bottom finish of each.

Thanks Again  ;)

ADDED:

A Murano bowl   here  (ashtray) description said.  Same kinda of Shape -- but mine has no Gold what-so-ever in it.

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
Rose, my sweet, could we see a picture of your entire bowl? Pretty please. It might help some knowlegeable person (unlike myself) to identify it. I just want to see the pretty!

Carolyn

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 09:19:32 PM »
Hi rose...it looks like murano to me. Maker unknown unless someone has one with a label. And 50s/60's would be the guess on age.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
Hi rose...it looks like murano to me. Maker unknown unless someone has one with a label. And 50s/60's would be the guess on age.

Hi Thanks  :kissy:

I am thinking too that it is, but just was not 100% sure.  Guess till we find one with a label on it, one can really say who made it.

Thanks ALL for helping.   ;) 

Remember this post IF you happen to run across something like this in the future

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand