No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Massive amber art-deco style vase -- maker? ID = Stingl  (Read 5258 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Massive amber art-deco style vase -- maker?
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »
I've taken a look at Desna, and though the vase(s) in the third row down (here: http://www.preciosaornela.com/desna-glass_cz/www/products-additional_collection.php) does hold some similarities to mine, it's not exactly a match.  As for Riedel, I still haven't been able to find much information, but I'll continue to look.

In the meantime, I wrote to Moser customer service (I figured it was worth a shot  ;)) and got this 'strange' reply:  "...Each Moser glass piece is always signed on the bottom with a Moser brand mark. Your glass items seem to be made in the glassworks in Železný Brod in North Bohemia as the style of manufacturing correspond to their production."

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Funnily, I got exactly the same reply concerning my small mistletoe vase.
Somewhere, someone (besides me) is 'slightly' confused.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »
?????????  :huh:

Werkstatte ???????
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Mike M

• Members
    • http://www.manddmoir.com
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:33 AM »
Hi

I've always been a little worried by the Moser people - although Moser nearly always signed there were definite brief periods when they did not sign.

One such period was when they continued making Weiner Werkstatte (WW) design pieces after WW had folded. Having said that I don't think this is Moser. It is though, what some people would call in the 'Vienna Cut' style - a polite way of saying 'following' the WW look and the Hoffman's designs -The names you've been offered all made glass in this style.

So did Kulka and even Theresienthal and probably many more -sorry to add to your list.

cheers

Mike

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 12:52:17 AM »

Has some resemblance ????? to Moser/Hoffman in a sense (maybe) (sort of) - as to area of location (maybe)..................
http://www.trocadero.com/gideonantiques/items/487563/item487563store.html

?????????  :huh:
Werkstatte ???????

Glad to see Mike, that you are kinda thinking along the same lines as Me -- LOL -- but I have been known the think  :ho: when it comes to glass, as i like a good mystery too...

One such period was when they continued making Weiner Werkstatte (WW) design pieces after WW had folded. Having said that I don't think this is Moser. It is though, what some people would call in the 'Vienna Cut' style - a polite way of saying 'following' the WW look and the Hoffman's designs -The names you've been offered all made glass in this style.
Mike

;)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 05:39:21 AM »
I appreciate your input, Mike.  Thank you.

I've looked at all the catalogues available on the glas-musterbuch site, hoping that perhaps my vase was somewhere among its pages.  No joy.  The closest designs I've seen to mine were in the Nordbohmische Glasraffinerie catalogue, though my use of 'close' should, in this case, be taken lightly.

I'll look into Desna again, and Riedel, and research the additional names I've been suggested.

Thank you, all, for your help.  :)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
Just one little thing...

When the Moser people suggested my vase could have come from ZBS, I thought they were being ridiculous -- ZBS and this type of vase just didn't go together in my mind.  I was being ignorant as ZBS did produce vases of this 'type'.

I still don't have a clue as to the maker of my piece, but luckily, I've got a whole lifetime to find out.  :)  My search continues...

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
I know Moser claims this vase is not theirs, but I thought I'd share this link... :-\     http://www.gunther-wagner.com/glas/?Formglas:Vasen

Ah, searching, searching, searching...

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »
I know Moser claims this vase is not theirs, but I thought I'd share this link... :-\     http://www.gunther-wagner.com/glas/?Formglas:Vasen

Ah, searching, searching, searching...

I agree with that link that it (should) be a Match. Anik!!!!!!  Totally !!!!

We have said from the beginning of this post that we see a Moser connection -- and to me -- that is an Exact Same Vase as yours Anik.  I totally agree with you.  It is a Match in my eyes, IMHO....

So then why does Moser say it is not.......

I am confused here!!!

In my opinion, Anik has the direct match, and we have been pointing this out since the beginning of this post.  What do others have to say here....

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »
Ah, Rose, I think you've misunderstood my intentions...  I posted the link above just to show that there is a common, perhaps mistaken, belief that this vase was produced by Moser.  But just because several people have the same unmarked vase, and have attributed the piece to that particular glassworks, it does not mean it is.

There are so many glassworks that could have produced this vase -- it might be a while before we find which, indeed, made it.  :usd:

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
Ah, Rose, I think you've misunderstood my intentions...  I posted the link above just to show that there is a common, perhaps mistaken, belief that this vase was produced by Moser.  But just because several people have the same unmarked vase, and have attributed the piece to that particular glassworks, it does not mean it is.

There are so many glassworks that could have produced this vase -- it might be a while before we find which, indeed, made it.  :usd:

Hi there -- Sure I realize there is no mark on the one that you posted (or direct attribution) -- but I did say the Photo you posted, and yours do look like a direct match (going by the design, the shape, the grooves) IMHO, they look the same. 

Sure we have found no direct marked one yet, for total, concise attribution.......but this is very interesting post, and topic... :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand