Glass Identification - Post here for all ID requests > Unresolved Paperweight Questions

lamped worked frog paperweight

(1/1)

RAY:
just got this one from the states via Terry " thanks" , after much looking on the net and in my book's for hour's I've  come to the conclusion that i haven't the foggiest who or where it was made, it measures 2" high and just under 3" across, the frog is very well done and so is the flower that it is holding, it's set a ruby red base with green and gold  aventurine, the base is highly polished with alot of ware and with some of the pontil scar still evident, anyone have a clue?

click on thumbnail for larger image

KevinH:
I don't usually add comments to say, "Dunno", but for this one I will. However, I will also add something else:

I think the frog and flower may be a ceramic cast rather than lampworked glass. And judging by the nicely formed base I suspect it is from a company that produces some very good work. I wonder if this could be an American venture?

Frank:
Ray do wish you would put pics on the board. Most of your old threads are picless :huh:

RAY:

--- Quote from: Frank on November 30, 2011, 06:54:54 PM ---Ray do wish you would put pics on the board. Most of your old threads are picless :huh:

--- End quote ---

will do frank :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version