No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Green pressed glass 'quilted' effect dessert bowl set....Maker??  (Read 1691 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Green pressed glass 'quilted' effect dessert bowl set....Maker??
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 07:01:17 PM »
Glen, I wish to thank you very much too  :fwr:

Not only that I haven't seen Rosie's bowls, I also did not handle one of those Zabkowice patterns 1280 and 1281 'in the flesh'  :-[

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Glen

• Author
  • Members
    • Carnival Glass Research and Writing
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 07:46:39 PM »
 :fwr:  :fwr:  :fwr: Thank you Pamela and Rosie - and also Anne too for alerting me. I wish I could have answered the puzzle though  :cry:

Glen
Just released—Carnival from Finland & Norway e-book!
Also, Riihimäki e-book and Carnival from Sweden e-book.
Sowerby e-books—three volumes available
For all info see http://www.carnivalglassworldwide.com/
Copyright G&S Thistlewood

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »
 :rah: good news, Rosie, I traced a photo in Pressglas-Korrespondenz, unfortunately again the full catalogue is only visible to subscribers :

http://www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de/archiv/pdf/pk-2008-4w-05-mb-schwepnitz-1968.pdf

Following PK the maker is EITHER Schwepnitz OR Bernsdorf OR Sachsenglas, all three being members of their 'Verkaufsgemeinschaft' ('marketing pool');
no pattern name indicated, I'm afraid.

For those here who may verify this: photo # "11" of Abb. 2008-4-05/008 on page 11/15

How did I find it? Colour and 'orange-peel' structure led me to eastern Germany - that's all  :wsh:

;D
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 09:38:20 PM »
Oh Pamela,  what can I say!!  You are absolutely wonderful!!   :hug:
Thank you so much. It is such a lovely set, and I treasure it....is their any indication of the age by any chance?
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 09:44:02 PM »
That catalogue was edited for 1968 Leipzig fair - most items of current production or new design for that special occasion, therefore absolutely 1960ies.

:hi:
Pamela

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
That makes sense Pamela, because I have had it about 30 years now, and it looked very new when I bought it and had  been used very little.....I have only used it a couple of times because I felt I would never get any replacements if any got broken, so really, it is in pristine condition, I'm pleased to say.

Thank you so much for your help on this....now I know it is a Bohemian?? (is that right?) set by EITHER Schwepnitz OR Bernsdorf OR Sachsenglas, and made in the 60's.  Yay!! :rah:
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou  :kissy: .....and if you want any photos for your archives, please let me know,  you will be very welcome.
Rosie.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 10:06:19 PM »
No it's East German.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
It's lovely to see you're so pleased, Rosie!
Your nice set is of GDR German Democratic Republic origin, i.e. Saxonia  :)

I'm just now writing a mail to Mr. Anger of DDR-Design-Depot to probably obtain more details on the producing works and the designer - I return to you with his answer.

Mr. Anger has contributed to glas-musterbuch here: http://www.glas-musterbuch.de/VEB-Sachsenglas-1954.177.0.html

:X:
Pamela

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 10:26:49 PM »
Thank you, Rosie, photos very much appreciated once we've picked all available information  :thup:
 :t:
Pamela

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »
Thank you Christine, and thank you Pamela.....how nice that you are taking this much trouble.

I have looked at the files you have sent Pamela, and oh how I wish I spoke German.....you have such a wonderful command of English, I feel so humble....But, on the plus side, I speak fluent Swahili....but not very useful!!

Pictures are yours when you say the word. :fwr:
Rosie.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand