No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Two-coloured bark texture vase -- maybe German?  (Read 2243 times)

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Two-coloured bark texture vase -- maybe German?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »
Definitely not Davidson. Davidson's 'Luna' range isn't cased and has a very distinctive texture. The Davidson misattribution was published in a collectables book a while ago and has been circulating ever since. For examples of Davidson's textured glass for comparison take a look at Chris & Val Stewart's site http://cloudglass.com/Gallerypostwar.htm

Another possibilty for these vases is Japan. While it's not definite, I did see a weird iridised vase with very similar surface texture and a flat ground base like this with a 'Made in Japan' label to the base, but sadly i didn't get a picture...

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »
Interesting, I have seen those weird iridised versions too, will keep an eye open.

John

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
Sorry, as definitely as rocco says it is not Austrian, I would say it is not Finnish. At least I have never seen one, or get any idea of a resemblance to a Finnish production.  :-\

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 04:59:12 PM »
Thanks for all your suggestions! Japan sounds quite interesting... (I will have a look in the Fiell 60ies and 70ies design books, as they feature quite a lot of Japanese glass there).

And good that we can obviously exclude Finland as origin, too.

Michael

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand