No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Today's treasure  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Today's treasure
« on: January 21, 2006, 08:16:28 PM »
Came home with some treasure today. One to keep - a Victorian double spill holder or perhaps just an ornament in pale cranberry/pink, uranium and white. Have been looking at this one for a while and found the price had dropped 50%. It's not perfect, as the rear foot has lost its end, but I'm delighted with it. The hollow uprights seem to have been lined with a very thin layer of white, which gives an interesting effect.

spill holder

And some to sell - two Jeanette Glass Co demitasses (tea cup to us Brits) with saucers bought for £2.50 each in the Iris pattern in irridescent plus a sugar. Looked in my books to discover they have a book price of $400 for a demitasse cup and saucer in irridescent!! Interestingly the irridescence is only on the outside of the cups and under the saucers. Why isn't it called carnival?

demitase

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Today's treasure
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 12:56:35 AM »
I simply LOVE them
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/vasen/02547.html
Look Vasen mouthblown - I simply do not know how to install this crossreading possibility then - sorry  :roll:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Bill B

• Members
Today's treasure
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 04:30:56 AM »
Hi, The Iris pattern was made after the carnival glass era. I think it was made from the 1920's-50's. with the marigold color being 1950's.  Bill B

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand